Oversized Overland Build

TrailRidden

Spod and compressor all cleaned up!(best I could) Word of caution, never leave your inner fender guards out. Gets everything all muddy. [emoji20]
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460316565.177041.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Where are you planning to mount the compressor? I have installed the MORE bracket and its a good option for underhood, but not sure if the spod will fit with it. I have my twin mounted under my passenger seat, but thats more a personal choice than anything to keep it away from all heat.

Kpalas

Where are you planning to mount the compressor? I have installed the MORE bracket and its a good option for underhood, but not sure if the spod will fit with it. I have my twin mounted under my passenger seat, but thats more a personal choice than anything to keep it away from all heat.

X2 on the M.O.R.E. Bracket. And it does fit both the compressor and Spod.

swampdog

X2 on the M.O.R.E. Bracket. And it does fit both the compressor and Spod.

I'll be a third supporter for the MORE bracket. Solid product. A little bit of a PITA to install, but that compressor is rock solid in the engine bay.

TrailRidden

I was thinking under the hood. But you make a good point about the heat. Is there a bracket for under the seat? I will look Into the MORE bracket.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I dont have any good pics, and I used a bracket from ebay rather than the carolina metal masters, but if you pin out the connectors, you can actually run all the wires through the passenger side small dash hole, and yes they will reach over to the spod. With the power wires it gets tight, but it works.

I dont think the arb has the same problems a smaller viar compressor will have with heat, especially since it has cooling fans, but I still would rather keep the compressor inside....which may all change if I end up getting air lockers.

TrailRidden

Well in my defense, she was tryin to have them under my tool box. So what was suppose to be a spod install turned into a cat move

Ddays

Hooked
Nice thread! I mounted my compressor under the passenger seat with a Carolina Metal Masters mount. I'd rather have th ecompressor out of the elements. I ran my power line UNDER the Jeep through the water plug in the passenger footwell. Didn't want to photobomb your thread but I have a bunch of pics on mine - check page 11 on my build

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page11

If you decide you want to do the under hood PM me - I'll make you a helluva deal on a MORE under hood mount I bought & ended up not using.

TrailRidden

Nice thread! I mounted my compressor under the passenger seat with a Carolina Metal Masters mount. I'd rather have th ecompressor out of the elements. I ran my power line UNDER the Jeep through the water plug in the passenger footwell. Didn't want to photobomb your thread but I have a bunch of pics on mine - check page 11 on my build

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31355-The-build-re-build-of-Gruff/page11

If you decide you want to do the under hood PM me - I'll make you a helluva deal on a MORE under hood mount I bought & ended up not using.

Thanks! Im starting to think that under the seat is best. I notice that Carolina metal masters bracket sits the compressor upside down. How did you run your air line hook up?

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks! Im starting to think that under the seat is best. I notice that Carolina metal masters bracket sits the compressor upside down. How did you run your air line hook up?

I just used a standard 1/4" chuck I picked up from Home Depot instead of the ARB one, but mine is connected on the end of the reservoir that the locker solenoids are mounted to.
You should be able to fab up a bracket to attach to the CMM mount. Check out the one photo I have detailed how the air supply line that ARB supplies will hit the floor when installed.
I bought a flexible compressor hose drain kit from HD also & just removed the valve on the end. This assy threads from the compressor outlet to my solenoid reservoir. This is where you will probably have to fab some kind of bracket for the outlet that will hold the chuck.

Top Bottom