PA & Doorless = $141.50 fine

Good2Go

We will get tickets for no mud flaps here in CA but not running doorless. But I better not be coming back from Cabellas in Reno with a full load of ammo..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

In CA, they can also “get you” for not having covers on any aux lighting if you are driving on pavement.

Remember, mommy and daddy government know what’s best for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatyWagon

Question, what about removable top panels, freedom top? Someone could argue that for safety a person could fall out of roof just like with no doors? Jeep has both capabilities to go without. This might be next ticket in PA.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jesse3638

Hooked
In CA, they can also “get you” for not having covers on any aux lighting if you are driving on pavement.

Remember, mommy and daddy government know what’s best for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep forgot about that. Sometimes I wish it was enforced. I was flashed by an asshole with a 50" light bar one night while in our Durango. The headlights are super bright and get flashed all the time and can deal with a quick high beam flick. I wanted to pull over and take a hammer to his light bar.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Question, what about removable top panels, freedom top? Someone could argue that for safety a person could fall out of roof just like with no doors? Jeep has both capabilities to go without. This might be next ticket in PA.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Unless the laws of gravity have recently changed, I think it would be hard to fall up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Let’s keep this going. So far we got a gay, dickhead, jealous, useless revenue generator, unreasonable cop going rogue.

You should have rolled your windows down. Oh wait that was the other anti cop thread. lol

TrailHunter

Hooked
Depends on the state, in Illinois it is illegal.

Yeah... CA it is legal but helmets required... AZ splitting is illegal but no helmets... just looked it up in PA... It is illegal to split.... Just interesting what law makers determine to be “dangerous”.... tube or no doors on a Jeep while wearing a seatbelt doesn’t seem more dangerous than being on a motorcycle with no helmet.... but the latter is legal.

robertgregory28

I had the same thing happen to me in my CJ about 10 years ago here in Florida. I took it to court and it was thrown out. The cop wrote every ticket imaginable. Had all but 1 thrown out. I'm a UPS driver and I can tell you it is not illegal as long as you have a proper seatbelt.

Sent from my E6790TM using Tapatalk

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Let’s keep this going. So far we got a gay, dickhead, jealous, useless revenue generator, unreasonable cop going rogue.

You should have rolled your windows down. Oh wait that was the other anti cop thread. lol

I’m not going to resort to calling him names but to not use your professional discretion to provide a warning to someone that hasn’t had a traffic violation in 15 years doesn’t rub me the right way.

Zstairlessone

I have been daily driving a Wrangler in SWPA since 2000 and I’ve never been pulled over when doorless. Well, it happened today on my commute home from work. As a Jeep enthusiast, this is very disheartening.

The officer went so far as to say the rear tube doors I was running were not legal either. It is beyond frustrating to think I can no longer enjoy the freedom the wrangler platform provided.

View attachment 300671
View attachment 300672

He cited the wrong part, it’s 175.77 (f) not (e).

(f) Doors. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment. The doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side. Tailgates, except on vehicles where the tailgate gives access to the passenger compartment, may be replaced with wood planking, nets or other material that will prevent loss of load. Tailgates may be removed when optional equipment, for example a truck camper, is added.

Looks like naked may be interpreted as ok, just don’t go doorless with the top on in PA I guess

Exodus 4x4

I didn’t call the cop gay, I was referring to the situation in general.

To the OP: Good luck trying to fight this but you’ll likely still lose.

Top Bottom