People always complain about HOAs. but there's a reason they exist.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What part of Nevada are you in? I'm in Vegas and I wouldn't even know where to look for that information.

Northern. Does a city contracted street cleaner come down your street? Do you live in a gated community?

You could always check the county recorder to see if the streets were dedicated to the city. Or call the HOA and ask.

What’s worse? HOA or the Nextdoor app? lol
Holy fuck I had to delete that shit after only a few days. Talk about everyone bitching about everything under the sun.

jesse3638

Hooked
The HOA in my neighborhood is a joke. They don’t like me working on the Jeep in my own driveway. I’ve been cited for having a vehicle with mud on it parked in the driveway. They also have complained because they say my Jeep is too loud, meanwhile the guy next door doesn’t get bothered when he takes his Ferrari out, because the HOA says “loud exhaust noises are to be expected out of a performance vehicle”. I started telling them that my Jeep identifies as a sports car, so a louder exhaust should be expected. They didn’t find the same humor as me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
With the one I'm going to be in I can't work on my vehicles in the driveway. I'm lucky and have a huge garage though and prefer to wrench in the garage. Also I hear they don't like muddy vehicles. Fortunately I don't either...haha. I do have to paint the facia board and I trying to figure out to get up to the second story, about 25' up with little room for a ladder...haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

I’m not civilized enough to deal with an HOA, and I would bankrupt any HOA just in sheer paper costs due to all the owie feelings reports they’d have to print.

Jellymon

Saw a story where the homeowners were storing thier garbage cans neatly along the side of the house. The HOA told them the cans can’t be seen from the street, and to move them to the backyard. So they built this little fence in front of the garbage cans. :cheesy:

Attachments

• 34E8F7B6-7AFD-403B-BBCA-4BDC6D781421.jpeg
    34E8F7B6-7AFD-403B-BBCA-4BDC6D781421.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 84

74CJ5

I’ve been in a few HOA’s but none were horrible, but I really don’t fit the HOA mold. I have a military M101 trailer in the driveway (strike one), my wife has a company branded car (strike two), my husky is digging a hole to China in the front yard (strike three) and I could go on...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

74CJ5

A husky? In Florida???

Poor guy figures there must be a way to dig himself someplace cooler.

Lol. I get that a lot. I didn’t import him in from Siberia, he was born here. And yes the others are correct, their fur protects them from heat as well. It’s in the 40’s tonight, however, and he is sleeping outside like he usually does and loving it.

Here’s one of my favorite pics of Bulleit getting some shade...and now back to HOA bashing lol.
IMG_0016.jpg

sm31

Lol. I get that a lot. I didn’t import him in from Siberia, he was born here.

LOL... I've been in colder climes too long. Heat just kills me. I'm used to seeing the malamute & husky next door hanging with my St Bernard, all of them lounging around in the snow at 5 degrees.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Lol. I get that a lot. I didn’t import him in from Siberia, he was born here. And yes the others are correct, their fur protects them from heat as well. It’s in the 40’s tonight, however, and he is sleeping outside like he usually does and loving it.

Here’s one of my favorite pics of Bulleit getting some shade...and now back to HOA bashing lol.
View attachment 322414

My HOA hasn’t said shit about the holes to China. They key is to have a look out.

Attachments

• 3711D2BB-753C-4780-8C32-A483B8D918EB.jpg
    3711D2BB-753C-4780-8C32-A483B8D918EB.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 60
Top Bottom