PEOPLE SUCK!! Ancient Petroglyphs Damaged and Stolen Near Bishop

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It's good to see that those responsible are caught. I hope they get more than the old California slap on the wrist!! Maybe they should let the tribal people administer punishment.

That would be fitting! Let the tribe have them! :thumb: Scalps? lol

Trail Bud

Hooked
It's good to see that those responsible are caught. I hope they get more than the old California slap on the wrist!! Maybe they should let the tribal people administer punishment.

First offense for this: 1yr plus a fine.
Oh boy...
Good idea let the tribe give them what's due.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting this up. I'm glad they caught the guys but, it sure does seem like the punishment, or lack there of, doesn't fit the crime. :rolleyes2:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah the "punishment" is like a timeout for a little kid. And the sad truth is that it will probably happen again or get more areas closed.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting this up. I'm glad they caught the guys but, it sure does seem like the punishment, or lack there of, doesn't fit the crime. :rolleyes2:

We can only hope these guys are repeat offenders and get the big fine and decent time locked up.:yup:

MRDON

The punishment will be " NO VEHICLES ALLOWED" and a lot of fence. As usual we get punished!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Good to hear that they were arrested and the artifacts recovered. I can tell you I see it time and time again. Here in Cali the justice system is weak. Felons are being released from prison on probation with no supervision and first, second even third time offenders for things like this (property crimes) are literally getting a good finger wagging or a slap in the wrist. That part is unfortunate. Perhaps it's time for legislation to make theft or vandalism of artifacts of historical items a minimum of 10 years. Not that it'll deter these turds but at least encourage the justice system to lock them up for a while to think about it..... Rant over.

Conman

Good to hear that they were arrested and the artifacts recovered. I can tell you I see it time and time again. Here in Cali the justice system is weak. Felons are being released from prison on probation with no supervision and first, second even third time offenders for things like this (property crimes) are literally getting a good finger wagging or a slap in the wrist. That part is unfortunate. Perhaps it's time for legislation to make theft or vandalism of artifacts of historical items a minimum of 10 years. Not that it'll deter these turds but at least encourage the justice system to lock them up for a while to think about it..... Rant over.

Agree with you 100%. Punishment does not fit the crimes anymore in california so what will stop the cycle....Me and my Smith and Wesson. Oh wait they are trying to take that away from me as well :mad:

jkmadness

I will put the stones on their back and make them walk back into the dessert to place them in their original spot and then charge them :mad:

Topper

That's good to here that they were caught makes me fill better just knowing that the people responsible for this is caught. I my self as being a NATIVE AMERICAN from the NORTHERN UTE TRIBE I would like to scalp them my self haha no just kidding but to read some thing like this just makes me mad and wonder why someone would do something like this but I guess they must of really needed the money are some thing.

Top Bottom