Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

How to tie an Ian Secure Knot - YouTube! Problem solved. :cool:

There is a YouTube video (maybe the same as mentioned above) which explains how to tie your shoes so that the laces don't come untied. They feature the exact same Merrell shoes that I wear (even the color!) which have more problems with coming untied than any other shoes I have ever owned.

jeeeep

Hooked
hiking shoe/boot laces. can't they make these out of a fiber that doesn't constantly come untied?
I scuff my laces the length plus two eyelets and that seems to work. I've also used resin where the knot would be.
I had a friend use superglue thinking he could snap it undone, don't use superglue... this is the same dumbass that poured antifreeze in the oil fill of his mother's diesel Mercedes because the dipstick kept reading a quart low lol

Ddays

Hooked

How to tie an Ian Secure Knot - YouTube! Problem solved. :cool:

There is a YouTube video (maybe the same as mentioned above) which explains how to tie your shoes so that the laces don't come untied. They feature the exact same Merrell shoes that I wear (even the color!) which have more problems with coming untied than any other shoes I have ever owned.
I scuff my laces the length plus two eyelets and that seems to work. I've also used resin where the knot would be.
I had a friend use superglue thinking he could snap it undone, don't use superglue... this is the same dumbass that poured antifreeze in the oil fill of his mother's diesel Mercedes because the dipstick kept reading a quart low lol

All I can say is the old rabbit goes around the tree and jumps through the hole method of tying my shoes has worked for me since I was like 5.
Now I tie my shoes and 5 minutes later I'm tripping all over the damn things.

Aceisback

Hooked
All I can say is the old rabbit goes around the tree and jumps through the hole method of tying my shoes has worked for me since I was like 5.
Gotta make the dog chase him where he runs that route twice.
They’ll stay nice and tight all day like that.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Just double loop tie it. Two trips around the tree. Gets me through the day.

kevman65

Hooked
The fact that hardware stores no longer stock HVAC serviceable parts, then they lie to you and say "it's against the law to sell any HVAC parts to unlicensed people" HAH

Found a small ACE hardware that had run capacitors in stock, next size down from what mine uses, but mine was starting hard anyway.

Ordered the same size as came out to have as a back up, but the AC is cooling things down now.

The fact that hardware stores no longer stock HVAC serviceable parts, then they lie to you and say "it's against the law to sell any HVAC parts to unlicensed people" HAH

Found a small ACE hardware that had run capacitors in stock, next size down from what mine uses, but mine was starting hard anyway.

Ordered the same size as came out to have as a back up, but the AC is cooling things down now.
My local ACE hardware does sell the capacitors but last I looked, the stock was running low.

F

FYI, the heat index was 126 degrees in Corpus Christi, Texas, today. That might be something to be pissed off about!

Top Bottom