Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Got a few in no real order:

-gravel trucks that drop stones like a rabbit poops in your yard

-people that fling their cigarette buys out the window

-texting and on the phone while driving

- people that drive on bald tires and poor vehicle maintenance (wonder how their breaks are)

-pushy and impatient people on the road, in line anywhere

-cream in my coffee

-those who put others down

-Those who hurt kids ( boils my blood)

- Too much commercial ramp up to Christmas and the need to shop like it's the last thing you will ever do...leads to pushy people in the parking lot and so on....

-a almost empty parking lot but when you come out some d$ck just had to park right up tight to you there's no way to load your kid into his car seat

-basic duma$$ doing stupid stiff

-car theirs and one messing with your stuff

Peace!

David1tontj

Maybe...probably YJ, or TJ...something I can beat up and have no worries. I do however love my new Ram truck. :)

I have a 2005 Tj, that is a pretty nice rig, but I don't ever let that get in the way of me having fun with it... I try not to care about scratches and small dents... I bought it to have fun, and after all, it's just a jeep. Isn't that what they were made for?

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

KennyFrench

People not using turn signals....if I ever go on an insane shooting spree it will be focused on people not using turn signals.:eek:
- This is probably the thing that grinds my gears the most. If I ever snapped, I won't go on a shooting spree. Instead, there will be a lot of people walking around with turn signal levers sticking out of their arses.

And, it's not just people who don't use their turn signals, it's people who don't use their turn signals properly.
- People who don't use their turn signal but expect you to tell them over anyway.
- People who use their turn signal and get over whether there's enough room or not. It's like "Hey. I used my signal, that means you're supposed to let me over"
- People who don't use their signal until they're already half way into the other lane.
- Those who only give a single flash of their signal.
- People who don't signal to get into the turn lane, but do signal once they get up to the light.
- Oh, and don't forget about that one guy who has had his signal on for miles and has changed lanes at least 3 times.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
-People who use their turn signal and get over whether there's enough room or not. It's like "Hey. I used my signal, that means you're supposed to let me over"
- People who don't use their signal until they're already half way into the other lane.
- Those who only give a single flash of their signal.

You obviously don't live in So Cal, where if you give them warning that you want over, the other drivers speed up to not let you in! :eek:

- People who don't signal to get into the turn lane, but do signal once they get up to the light.

This may be because there is a driveway prior to the right turn (like a gas station entrance) which signaling would give others the sign that you are entering the gas station. :shock:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
People that mix up:
- right and write
- then and than
- their and there
well, you get the idea ...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
my pet peeve ad thing that makes me sick is people who are harmful to animals! just on the news this morning i heard of two total dick wads in philly who set a cat on fire! REALLY DUDES!?!?! :mad::mad::mad: go burn in hell!

KennyFrench

-people who don't speak English and live in America
- Or, when I call any business number and have to "Select 1 for English"

When other drivers think it's funny to drive so close behind my Jeep that I can't see either their headlights or their roof.
- That's when I test my breaks.

Especially people who come to your door to sell you their religion.
- Having religion is like having a penis. It's great that you have one; it's great that you're proud of it; but don't take it out in public and wave it around, and don't try to force it down everyone's throats.

-pushy and impatient people on the road, in line anywhere
- Especially people sitting on their horns in stop and go traffic.
- And, speaking of horns... If you're changing lanes and you hear a horn, stop what you're doing. It's not road rage, it's a warning device.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
my pet peeve ad thing that makes me sick is people who are harmful to animals! just on the news this morning i heard of two total dick wads in philly who set a cat on fire! REALLY DUDES!?!?! :mad::mad::mad: go burn in hell!

mess with kids, old people, and animals should be a death sentence.

David1tontj

People that mix up:
- right and write
- then and than
- their and there
well, you get the idea ...

I have know idea what your talking about! Eye really knead to brake my habits. Can you Show me wear I've maid this mistake?

eeftw

I'll participate for real.. Bro's at the gym and general BS'ers there.

I'm not your buddy, your pal, or your friend. I don't care how YOU lift and what YOU lift. Leave me alone! :naw:

David1tontj

Quote kenny French- People who don't use their signal until they're already half way into the other lane.

I was born and raised in Orange County, and I had to teach a girl from Washington that this was the only way to make a successful lane change on the freeway... She would just put her signal in and wait for someone to let her over..... Won't ever happen down there! Most of the time, you can't even let people catch you looking in your mirror or they will close the gap! Ridiculous!! But it's the way you have to drive down there.. I moved up to Oregon, and my road rage, that was to a severe point, has almost gone away completely!

So cal mentality: get the **^% out of my way!

Oregon: no no, after you! I insist!

Last edited:

KennyFrench

So cal mentality: get the **^% out of my way!
Oregon: no no, after you! I insist!

Yeah, that's the problem. I have a lot of pet peeves, but they all boil down to just one: There is a major lack of respect in this world. There are too many people who only care about themselves; they don't care about other people; they don't care about treating other people with respect, but they damn sure want everyone to treat them with respect.

I was raised by my grandfather (he would be 90 if he were still alive). One thing that he taught me that has always stuck with me is this: You should always treat everyone you meet with respect... Until they give you a reason not to. Your respect isn't something anyone should ever have to earn, but it is something that you can take away. He also taught me not to let anyone push me around, to always stand up for myself, and to ALWAYS stand up for people who can't stand up for themselves.

(stepping down from the soap box now)

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Salesmen that don't know what they are talking about.

I met a friend of a friend a couple of weeks ago and he had his 10th anniversary JKUR. We were talking about it and the rubi features, then He proceeds to say something along the lines "did you know they are waterproof up to the windows, that's why the doors gaskets are so big and make the door pop out when you open them" I asked "where did you hear that" response "the salesman told me all the features" I proceeded to show him the drain holes in the floor

GCM 2

1) People who don't use the search function on this forum, or do not even bother to use the master search function of the entire internet- GOOGLE, which will usually lead you right back to this forum and the thread that already contains your answer. The countless threads started to answer the most burning issues and problems ever faced by a jeep owner, again....... and again........ and again. Try searching for the answer to your problem before creating an entire thread, because there is such a thing as a stupid question.....it is one that has been asked 11 other times before you asked it and made it a stupid question

2) The people who piss all over the seat of a public toilet. Complete savages, I place you in the same category as Al Qaeda and Kardashians. Learn to have common courtesy for the general public.

3) Personal responsiblilty; not owning up to the mistakes you have made.

Top Bottom