Petition to legalize doorless Jeeps in PA

railking08

Good Evening WAL,

I’ve recently initiated a movement to legalize what I had thought was legal the past 18 years that I’ve daily driven a Wrangler. The illegal activity I’m referring to is; operating a Jeep Wrangler on Pennsylvania roads without doors.

It isn’t lost on me that there are much more important issues to get behind, and this can be viewed as trivial, but to me it’s another example of our Freedoms slowly being eroded by government.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could show your support for this cause by following the link below and signing the petition. If you are very passionate about about the Jeep Community, please spread the word.

https://chn.ge/2IbIrrw

View attachment 301304

Thanks very much for your consideration,
Drew

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Signed and sharing

Recurve

Yeah , I will still sign but like hinnrichs said, I'm more concerned with the fender laws in PA, they are a lot more strict with your tires sticking out past your fenders. I've never been pulled over for doors being off, but I have been for tires out past fenders. Stupid.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Yeah , I will still sign but like hinnrichs said, I'm more concerned with the fender laws in PA, they are a lot more strict with your tires sticking out past your fenders. I've never been pulled over for doors being off, but I have been for tires out past fenders. Stupid.

Ironically, the officer cited the wrong sub chapter when he ticketed me. He referenced 175.77(e) instead of (f).

(e) Fender flares. A vehicle may be equipped with fender flares not to exceed 3 inches.

Based on that vehicle code, all 2+ million JKs built are in violation since the flares are 4.5” wide.

jesse3638

Hooked
Ironically, the officer cited the wrong sub chapter when he ticketed me. He referenced 175.77(e) instead of (f).

(e) Fender flares. A vehicle may be equipped with fender flares not to exceed 3 inches.

Based on that vehicle code, all 2+ million JKs built are in violation since the flares are 4.5” wide.

He probably bust a lot of people for fender violations and wrote it out of habit..haha. What ever came of your ticket anyway? Still waiting for your day in court?

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
He probably bust a lot of people for fender violations and wrote it out of habit..haha. What ever came of your ticket anyway? Still waiting for your day in court?

My day in court is tomorrow. It’ll be my first time in front of a Magistrate and my friends haven’t exactly built up my confidence with their stories of failure.

Apparently I’m either a good driver or they’re all bad drivers...,

HoosierWolf

Signed.

I saw a FB post a few days ago from Wilkes-Barr PD giving a heads up about this law. They were taking it pretty hard in the comments on their own post. Finally W-B PD even shared a petition for people to go to try and get the law changed but it was outdated. If I can find it again, I'll try to add your petition to their comments section.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
What was the verdict???

LOSER!!!

IMG_8162.jpg

I plead not guilty because the officer mistakenly wrote PA code 175.77(E) instead of (F) on the Citation. Sub chapter E refers to Fender Flares.

The Officer admitted his mistake and the Magistrate allowed the officer to amend the ticket. The Magistrate then agreed with the officer that per inspection rules and code 4107 B2, I was guilty due to not having doors.

Top Bottom