Petition to legalize doorless Jeeps in PA

jesse3638

Hooked
LOSER!!!

View attachment 302682

I plead not guilty because the officer mistakenly wrote PA code 175.77(E) instead of (F) on the Citation. Sub chapter E refers to Fender Flares.

The Officer admitted his mistake and the Magistrate allowed the officer to amend the ticket. The Magistrate then agreed with the officer that per inspection rules and code 4107 B2, I was guilty due to not having doors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That sucks but at least you tried. I'm assuming there wasn't much more you could argue at that point? Were they able to give you any information as to why that law applies?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Bummer you lost.... Maybe we could shift gears and focus on the current “Topless” Laws...?

Vote yes on More Topless Beaches! Who’s with me? [emoji51]

Ddays

Hooked
Well, we'll just have to keep on pushing to see if the law can be changed. You got the ball rolling again, we just need to keep it going and get more recruits. My State Rep buddy said it doesn't have the support to pass - that only means they don't think there's enough people out there that want it that bad. Look how long it took PA to get rid of the helmet law....

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I’m with ya. I’d love to see topless on topless Jeep day! [emoji16]

:eek:

You sure?? since you are in tomball, I can only assume we are going to same beach during topless weekend... :thinking: You sure you want to see MORE of THAT? :puke:

Not to mention, Texas is already a "optional top" state. Jeeps & Women :idontknow:

Last edited:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Well, we'll just have to keep on pushing to see if the law can be changed. You got the ball rolling again, we just need to keep it going and get more recruits. My State Rep buddy said it doesn't have the support to pass - that only means they don't think there's enough people out there that want it that bad. Look how long it took PA to get rid of the helmet law....

In the end, I wagered $8 and a day off for the Hearing so it didn't hurt to try. I did accomplish two objectives:

1. I got some vindictive gratification since the officer had to amend the PA Vehicle Code on the ticket when he is, in fact, an instructor of the PA Vehicle Code at the local training academy. This will seem trivial to most, but having not had so much as a parking ticket in the past 15 years, I feel that issuing a Warning should have been on the table.

2. I got the Magistrate to state, "Guilty, you must have doors on your Jeep." From researching this law after the fact, there are a lot of folks that don't think that type of violation would ever be enforced. Well, it was...

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
In the end, I wagered $8 and a day off for the Hearing so it didn't hurt to try. I did accomplish two objectives:

1. I got some vindictive gratification since the officer had to amend the PA Vehicle Code on the ticket when he is, in fact, an instructor of the PA Vehicle Code at the local training academy. This will seem trivial to most, but having not had so much as a parking ticket in the past 15 years, I feel that issuing a Warning should have been on the table.

2. I got the Magistrate to state, "Guilty, you must have doors on your Jeep." From researching this law after the fact, there are a lot of folks that don't think that type of violation would ever be enforced. Well, it was...

Plus:

3. You got to wear a suit. [emoji23]

Jsouder53

Hooked
LOSER!!!

View attachment 302682

I plead not guilty because the officer mistakenly wrote PA code 175.77(E) instead of (F) on the Citation. Sub chapter E refers to Fender Flares.

The Officer admitted his mistake and the Magistrate allowed the officer to amend the ticket. The Magistrate then agreed with the officer that per inspection rules and code 4107 B2, I was guilty due to not having doors.

Sorry to hear that you lost, hopefully that law will eventually change.

Start a protest [emoji23] get a huge group of jeeps together and all drive to the capital doorless. Make it state wide

mstraw9379

Sorry to hear that you lost, hopefully that law will eventually change.

Start a protest [emoji23] get a huge group of jeeps together and all drive to the capital doorless. Make it state wide

I'm in. I may become a PA resident soon. I'm willing to protest this law. It may cost me $150ish in a ticket, but I'm still in.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Paid my f’n fine today.

I’ve been researching half doors a lot lately and based off how much they cost, I may just have to roll the dice on getting fined again....
IMG_8348.jpg

Top Bottom