Piecing together a lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been looking into options for short arms etc. Of course every company thinks theirs are the best. What are the differences?

Actually, there are a lot of differences in the type of joints use, thickness of the arms and how they are made.

How much do they help?

Depending how much articulation your lift should have, some joints can bind and restrict your flex, some joint can allow for a greater amount of bind free flex, some joints are really noisy unless you grease them all the time and some are cheaply made and can blow out with ease. Of course, some arms are weak and can bend or break.

Also any thoughts on stronger tie rod and drag link flip to get rid of drop Pittman. I was given a synergy drag link so was thinking to match up with tie rod from synergy also.

Of all the tie rods I have seen and tested, the Currie is without question the beefiest. It's what I now run and with an EVO draglink flip/track bar relocation.

jkwebbie

I pieced together my lift (which I haven't installed yet) but I did it because I wanted certain things that some lifts didn't offer. Yes I did pay a little more than a kit but I got what I wanted, which to me is better. But my .02 is to go with EVO stuff, I have NEVER heard anything bad about them or anyone say they wish they didn't get their products.

A.J.

Thanks for you reply! Don't know why I didn't think about currie I have used them a lot for rear end stuff for my drag car. Any reason I shouldn't use the synergy drag link? (Saves me a couple hundred bucks). As for the arms debate. I would not like them to be noisy and would not like them to bend or bind either. As it is now it seems like things move around pretty freely with the stock arms, but I have nothing to compare it to really. It seems like shocks and bump stops are the limiting factors. I definitely noticed the difference in roll center changing the track bar bracket from frame to axle type. Can I expect such a noticeable difference with arms vs LCA brackets? How about springs? See this is my problem. One thing leads to another and when you start piecing stuff together, might as well just save up and go to coil over kit with arms. By the time I buy this that and the other thing here there and everywhere it's a wash and I am still limited by shock travel no matter how fancy they are same as I am now. Argh!

Top Bottom