PIGINJK8 build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So you think that carrier would work with a 37 and slabs? May try that and wait till spring to mount my Evo carrier

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Next up Hanson basic carrier.

At half the price as the Tera break teraflex carrier. This is made from real steal and built in California. It attaches to the factory hinge and tailgate. It's basically a factory carrier on steroids.

I plan on running EV0 framed rings as well
View attachment 164905

View attachment 164906

Awesome!! Now that's how a tailgate tire mount should look like. Simply blows me away that people out there will pay twice as much for the ChinaFlex tire carrier in spite of all the breaks we have seen.

Funny, it's been out since 2006! No one really knows about it.

37" is about the biggest.

Yup! Just goes to show was a difference good "marketing" can make or the lack there of.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looking good brother! So I'm guessing your planning on the enforcer then maybe? Full traction long arm?

munstie

Marketing got me ,wish I would've dug a little deeper before a couple of my purchases. Congrats on the new rig, does this mean the FC is on the back burner?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Looking good brother! So I'm guessing your planning on the enforcer then maybe? Full traction long arm?

If I did a long arm it would be EVO. I think there's positives and negatives to both. Clevites can not compare to Johnny joints, so EVO wins in my book.

More than likely it'll be a short arm for awhile. Just not a sky jacker. It rides like a 3 dollar whore.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If I did a long arm it would be EVO. I think there's positives and negatives to both. Clevites can not compare to Johnny joints, so EVO wins in my book.

More than likely it'll be a short arm for awhile. Just not a sky jacker. It rides like a 3 dollar whore.

Yes it does ride like a whore lol even my 2" BB with shocks I had back in the day rode like complete shit.

Very true there is positives and negatives to both as I'm learning. I'm interested in seeing what lift you ultimately go with

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Marketing got me ,wish I would've dug a little deeper before a couple of my purchases. Congrats on the new rig, does this mean the FC is on the back burner?

Nah, it gets drove once a week. It's basically done except for tires. I'm slowly rebuilding steering boxes and other maintenance things.

RoadRageJKU

following this... and also looking into that tire carrier.. i hate the shittybilt "oversized" tire carrier i have now..

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So you think that carrier would work with a 37 and slabs? May try that and wait till spring to mount my Evo carrier

It'll work just fine, the tire carrier portion adjust in and out for back spacing. It's not light by any means. The load however is on the factory hinges.

JAGS

Hooked
Looking great Chris. You gonna stick with 35s on this one?

Throw some plush rides and kings on that and you are set. ;) You can always go long arm from there if needed. Since you now have a D30, any axle upgrades in the near or distant future?

Can't wait to see this thing progress. :thumb::yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Throw some plush rides and kings on that and you are set. ;) You can always go long arm from there if needed. Since you now have a D30, any axle upgrades in the near or distant future?

Truss, sleeves, 3 link and 5.13 gears duh.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

I read it can wheel on 40's on some forum, it's worth a shot.

Nah, I'll be sticking with 35's for now. I need to not break shit until I can afford to upgrade.

Top Bottom