Poison Spyder products

MTG

Caught the Bug
Or you could call up Poison Spyder, Rokmen, Genright, Saavy Offroad, Nemisis and Metalcloak and ask them why they chose to build tub mount. You main gain some perspective that you didn't have before.:beer:

So what did they say?

rsbmg

Banned
They said you have better clearance, less to get hung up on, a solid surface to distribute the weight of an impact evenly along the slider, nothing to flex into the body, and no issue with torque on the frame, an easy install and for the few that care, easy removal for paint if that is ever an issue.

Just a few things to consider. Now those things may not matter to you or you may not believe any of them are of a concern, that's fine I'm not here to argue, its no money in or out of my pocket. I just want to point out the obvious which is great companies build products that have been on the market and in heavy use for a good period of time. You just dont find people complaining about damage from running good quality tub mounted sliders.

Whatever your choice hopefully it continues to provide years of trouble free service.

MTG

Caught the Bug
They said you have better clearance, less to get hung up on, a solid surface to distribute the weight of an impact evenly along the slider, nothing to flex into the body, and no issue with torque on the frame, an easy install and for the few that care, easy removal for paint if that is ever an issue.

Just a few things to consider. Now those things may not matter to you or you may not believe any of them are of a concern, that's fine I'm not here to argue, its no money in or out of my pocket. I just want to point out the obvious which is great companies build products that have been on the market and in heavy use for a good period of time. You just dont find people complaining about damage from running good quality tub mounted sliders.

Whatever your choice hopefully it continues to provide years of trouble free service.

So the people who are trying to sell you their product list these as advantages, but people who have run both on here have seen body mounted sliders cause body damage? :thinking: Between the two I'd personally go with first hand experience over a sales pitch. That is not to say they aren't good products and that you might not have any issues with them depending on what part of the country you wheel in. I've personally beat the crap out of my frame mounted sliders on the rocks out west and wouldn't trade them for any other brand (I previously ran another popular brand that I know would not of held up so well). Never for hung up or found they limited my clearance in any way either. In the end I agree with you in that, like all things, it's a personal choice and hopefully we all get trouble free use out of whatever ones we use. 👍

StrizzyChris

I've never heard of anyone wanting their frame to twist, and anything to strengthen the frame(which a uni-beam frame mounted slider wouldnt) is a good thing!

I also have not once heard of anyone complaining of frame damage from a slider. Also havent heard of anyone with body damage from the reputable companies mentioned(LOD, EVO, etc.). The only argument that holds weight is that tub mount yields greater ground clearance.

I'm not a fanboy of any company, and always say to save money where you can, but to say that frame mount will be worse than tub mount makes no sense in my opinion!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

rsbmg

Banned
To each thier own. Like I said its your money and your jeep spend it out you see fit. I know I will.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Just a few things to consider. Now those things may not matter to you or you may not believe any of them are of a concern, that's fine I'm not here to argue, its no money in or out of my pocket.

Of course you're here to argue, your very first post was in this thread to do just that and, looking at all of your 18 posts since you signed up, that's about all you've been doing.

I just want to point out the obvious which is great companies build products that have been on the market and in heavy use for a good period of time.

You just dont find people complaining about damage from running good quality tub mounted sliders.

To be clear you just don't find people complaining about damage caused by running tub mounted sliders because your knowledge of things seems to be limited to what you read on the internet. But hey, at least that'll keep your stock JK trouble free for years to come.

GCM 2

First of all, PSC makes pretty solid kit for jeep's. The owner of the company stands behind his products and uses them on his race cars in the King of the Hammers. I had a Poison Spyder Customs BFH rear bumper for a while and it's a nice minimalist choice for good protection and great departure angles

Second,
......perhaps the new EVOS will address some frame mount weaknesses :twocents:

Possibly the info you are reading on frame mounted sliders is very inacurate. I think the "old" EVO frame mounted rock sliders have addressed the question of any weaknesses........And the results are; there are no weaknesses in their frame mounted rock sliders. Here's my jeep (unfortunately it's probably one of those that Sharkey mentioned earlier :icon_crazy:)

Edit: looking at my trans crossmember, I should probably get the Poison Spyder Customs "heavy duty crossmember" ;)

Attachments

• image-3865299504.jpg
    image-3865299504.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3009391299.jpg
    image-3009391299.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: That looks a lot like the bottom of my Jeep!! Shame on you for not having any aftermarket skid plates :cheesy:

Sorry, just had to throw that in cause everytime I see those pics, I cringe. I will say that your 1 day paint and body work came out real nice though :yup:

GCM 2

....I will say that your 1 day paint and body work came out real nice though :yup:

It's amazing what you can do with 2hrs, a can of bondo, 60, 150, 500 grit sandpaper, rattle can primer and rattle can flat black paint. King of the Hammers was calling and I needed to be just somewhat presentable for the race ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing what you can do with 2hrs, a can of bondo, 60, 150, 500 grit sandpaper, rattle can primer and rattle can flat black paint. King of the Hammers was calling and I needed to be just somewhat presentable for the race ;)

But of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from a fastidious guy like you :D

BTW, got a short documentary about EVO at the 2013 KOH that we're gonna be releasing today :yup:

GCM 2

But of course, I wouldn't expect anything less from a fastidious guy like you :D

BTW, got a short documentary about EVO at the 2013 KOH that we're gonna be releasing today :yup:

Nice! Thanks again for being there as part of the team :rock:

Top Bottom