Pony express disaster.

I have an extra Pull Pal brand new in the box...you can have it for free. I'll be in the Moab area in the spring and will be driving through the Salt Lake City area...I could drop it off. If you want it sooner, you can pay for shipping from Mercer Island WA...pm me.

Pm sent.
I am starting to get an idea of things to get during the off season so this would be a great addition.

aTX427

That is terrible that the older gentleman passed and it could have been avoided. I've been in a situation like yours and don't ever forget it when I go out on the trail. I'm glad you are safe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
While I have a winch, I have quickly discovered how many places it is worthless, not having anything to grab onto. I have since purchased a set of maxtrax to give me piece of mind for this exact situation. The can be invaluable when in a bad spot.

drrags

Same here. I had no idea that Pull-Pal implements existed. I have one on order now since most of my travels are solo.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Sorry if you already have something of the like, but I don't think I read a mention. Before winches or mats or anything else, if you're venturing out into the wilderness with your family you really need some sort of satellite communicator. I and a couple of other guys here have the Delorme InReach. They start at about $300 with different service plans and work easy enough.

IMG_3606.JPG

Sorry if you already have something of the like, but I don't think I read a mention. Before winches or mats or anything else, if you're venturing out into the wilderness with your family you really need some sort of satellite communicator. I and a couple of other guys here have the Delorme InReach. They start at about $300 with different service plans and work easy enough.

View attachment 281785

That is awesome. Thank you! I have some hand held radios and a CB in the jeep but they don't do much good that far out with nothing around. I will look into these. I didn't know they were I the realm of affordability.

Brute

Hooked
That is awesome. Thank you! I have some hand held radios and a CB in the jeep but they don't do much good that far out with nothing around. I will look into these. I didn't know they were I the realm of affordability.

I have a Delorme Inreach as well...they have one monthly plan option that allows to pay only for the months you plan on wheeling...about $42 a month...or just pay a monthly plan regardless whether you use it or not, which is a little bit less ...

Sahara_Maverick

Glad you and your family are OK and thanks for sharing your experience.

A couple thoughts and also experience.
1) Maxtrax - get the real thing. Smittybilt makes a knock-off that's junk. Or, get the original metal sand tracks but those are big and heavy.

2) Winch anchor - I never had to use one of these anchors. However, a friend with some experience said that if there are no anchor points around we can bury our spare tire and pull from it. He said it works really well. Of course, having a shovel is key. ;-)

Stay safe all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom