Pop up videos

The BAD Influence

I get it. It's the world we live in. Eddie provides this site and forum free to us. I understand if he uses ads to help finance it. More power to him.
The thing that drives me crazy, is the video ad that pops up at the bottom, with full volume, even if my phone is silenced. I get into so much trouble, as it usually happens while laying in bed next to my sleeping wife. Then she's startled, awake, and pissed.

CalSgt

Hooked
I get video commercials at the bottom when on my phone but they don’t have sound, not that I’ve noticed at least

Sgt_USMC

I see video ads at the bottom of the screen, I always use my phone to get on here, but I’ve never had sound once and I keep my phone on loud.

Tixslam

I'm not a big poster but I have never seen a pop up video on Wayalife on my phone. I use the Brave browser and it blocks a lot of ads. If you have an Android phone you might try a different browser or an ad block app.

I see video ads at the bottom of the screen, I always use my phone to get on here, but I’ve never had sound once and I keep my phone on loud.
I use my phone and don't see any adds at all!

My phone has never unexpectedly started playing a video with a bunch of moaning and grunting. That would likely really annoy my wife!

The BAD Influence

Sound off on phone. Video at full volume. Is it because I access Wayalife via internet and not the app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-070537_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-070537_Chrome~2.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 9
There is no longer a working wayalife app. Forum usability improves by adding a good add blocker, but of course this means less income for Eddie.

Bierpower

Hooked
I get the ad banner across the bottom that plays video ads sometimes as well (mostly video ads, 10-20% have sound). It'll scare the piss out of you when after 10-15 min of browsing, a video with sounds pops up and starts yelling at you.

Bierpower

Hooked
This is the only ad banner I ever see.
Screenshot_20220725-054008.png
I did switch browsers and it went away but, having a pixel phone, it started to do stupid things, so I just close the ad when it gets in the way or makes noise.

I get the ad banner across the bottom that plays video ads sometimes as well (mostly video ads, 10-20% have sound). It'll scare the piss out of you when after 10-15 min of browsing, a video with sounds pops up and starts yelling at you.
Oh yeah! I have had strange loud sound start playing on my phone several times even though I did not intentionally mean to play anything. I found a pop-up (down?) audio player started which was covered by my browser so I could not even tell it is running. Once I learned about that, I was able to stop playback and eliminate it. So this is definitely a "thing".

The BAD Influence

Oh yeah! I have had strange loud sound start playing on my phone several times even though I did not intentionally mean to play anything. I found a pop-up (down?) audio player started which was covered by my browser so I could not even tell it is running. Once I learned about that, I was able to stop playback and eliminate it. So this is definitely a "thing".
So how do I eliminate this audio player that I can't even see?

Top Bottom