PR60 Rear or Build up stock axle?

jk12blk

I plan to go with the 32 spline axle shafts. I would have to disagree with you regarding price, the PR80 is still more, by almost $1,000 according to my super duper experienced google fu internet research. Also, you gain a lot more with the XD60, such as more ground clearance, more up travel and less weight. The PR80 is really great, but WAY TOO MUCH overkill for the 37 inch tires, in my opinion.

This times two. Thank you.

My driving will mostly be desert and the thought of getting stuck way out there broken down is a bit scary. Better to have something and not need than to need and not have it.

I hope to reach this achievement in life:

View attachment 188950

Just kidding, I am the happiest married father in the world.
Well, I'm staring at two quotes from Dynatrac's sales manager and they are the same. Both quotes include the same XD60 front build, but one has the XD60 rear and one has the PR80. Again, they are the same price because I chose the XD60 40 spline shaft option. I agree an 80 is overkill for 37's. FWIW, I was certain I would never run a larger tire than a 37 so I went with a semi-float PR60 which has been great - no issues whatsoever. However, I'm now on 40's and only because I want the added peace of mind I'm upgrading again. At least you are choosing a FF 60, so you will be in a better position than me if you ever upgrade to 40s.

Top Bottom