Problem with LED Tail Lights

JKFlyer

Mine does the same thing as yours GCM. I have Trucklite tails though. It doesn't really bother me but I've always wondered why. I believe opening any door including the tail gate will produce it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ditto on my oro litedots doing quick flash on tailgate shutting

Eddie...wish I had an answer. At worst, if u have a hitch, u can always tap off that wiring from the harness for your headlights on issue...I did that for my license plate light to go on with headlamps on. Not fixing your issue but it us a bypass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
I am interested in the cause and the fix for Moby. I also have a gremlin with my taillights, the same make lights as yours Eddie and almost the same armor (but probably wired identically nonetheless at ORE). Since day one of having my rear EVO Outlaw Armor done, I have noticed that when I close the driver door (closed fairly hard, like most jeeps need) my driver side rear brake light will flash like the brake pedal was just tapped. I tried to trace it but all looks like it should. I definitely do not have any of the other issues you are having with Moby's taillights, and my issue is something I have just dealt with since everything else functions normally.

MTG- no issue with your set up??

Just saw this and considering who asked the question, I immediately dropped what I was doing (i.e. nothing) and ran out to perform a battery of tests. First I tried closing the door with the jeep 1) turn off, 2) off with key in the acc position and 3) running with no luck. I then repeated the test by slamming the doors, still with no luck. I of course tried slamming the door while sitting in the jeep, no luck. I then repeated the test while sitting in the passenger seat, negative. Rear driver side seat, nope. Then rear passenger side, no luck. Same test again while hanging from the roll bars (no weight on the ground) with no result. I, of course, stood on the hood next and repeated the test to no avail. I then constructed a robot that would slam the doors "fairly hard, like most jeeps need" or FHLMJN for short, but alas could not replicate your results regardless of positions or amount of cleanliness. Now, of course this was all done with half doors, so tomorrow I will spend the better part of my day recreating the testing scenarios with the full doors that I have and then again with the black full doors that I ordered in order to rule out any "color biases."

All that said, I did notice that my left pupil would slightly dilate upon slamming the door. Not sure if it is related but you might want to check that out too. :thumb:

GCM 2

Just saw this and considering who asked the question, I immediately dropped what I was doing (i.e. nothing) and ran out to perform a battery of tests. First I tried closing the door with the jeep 1) turn off, 2) off with key in the acc position and 3) running with no luck. I then repeated the test by slamming the doors, still with no luck. I of course tried slamming the door while sitting in the jeep, no luck. I then repeated the test while sitting in the passenger seat, negative. Rear driver side seat, nope. Then rear passenger side, no luck. Same test again while hanging from the roll bars (no weight on the ground) with no result. I, of course, stood on the hood next and repeated the test to no avail. I then constructed a robot that would slam the doors "fairly hard, like most jeeps need" or FHLMJN for short, but alas could not replicate your results regardless of positions or amount of cleanliness. Now, of course this was all done with half doors, so tomorrow I will spend the better part of my day recreating the testing scenarios with the full doors that I have and then again with the black full doors that I ordered in order to rule out any "color biases."

All that said, I did notice that my left pupil would slightly dilate upon slamming the door. Not sure if it is related but you might want to check that out too. :thumb:

I certainly do appreciate the exceptionally thorough battery of tests that you have completed, and this will be taken into account (with likelihood of being a hotly contested debate) at the next LED taillight engineering seminar held in Port Au Prince, Haiti (which I am currently 3rd alternate guest host of). A last request for my own personal interests- In your notes, did you happen to annotate what the vehicle ride height was (with barometric pressure in millibars deducted from the overall computation)

Also, because you have coined it, I have submitted the acronym "FHLMJN" to the official 'Jeepers Terminologies, Sayings and Trail Stuff Often Used in Groups, Forums, and General Wrenching Parties' Edition 7.
Examples of proper acronym application :
- when closing tailgates, doors, center consoles, and glove boxes
- when driving up any hill, grade, dune, and especially the common highway overpass
- when braking, if Jeep is fitted with tires that have a circumference of 35" and larger
- when making kinetic technical adjustments by method of hammer; on steering components, suspension components, frames, bumpers, skid plates, aftermarket sport cages, brake rotors and body panels

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I certainly do appreciate the exceptionally thorough battery of tests that you have completed, and this will be taken into account (with likelihood of being a hotly contested debate) at the next LED taillight engineering seminar held in Port Au Prince, Haiti (which I am currently 3rd alternate guest host of). A last request for my own personal interests- In your notes, did you happen to annotate what the vehicle ride height was (with barometric pressure in millibars deducted from the overall computation)

Also, because you have coined it, I have submitted the acronym "FHLMJN" to the official 'Jeepers Terminologies, Sayings and Trail Stuff Often Used in Groups, Forums, and General Wrenching Parties' Edition 7.
Examples of proper acronym application :
- when closing tailgates, doors, center consoles, and glove boxes
- when driving up any hill, grade, dune, and especially the common highway overpass
- when braking, if Jeep is fitted with tires that have a circumference of 35" and larger
- when making kinetic technical adjustments by method of hammer; on steering components, suspension components, frames, bumpers, skid plates, aftermarket sport cages, brake rotors and body panels

I second the motion. :clap2:

Top Bottom