PROOF of the Fabled NEW Jeep Truck???

stormtroopedjk

You think I'm kidding?
That's how I'm hauling extra gear down to the beach house this weekend.
The Wrangler pickup will come in handy for my family.

Just realized I forgot to quote you my bad. Lol but yeah I know the struggle of the rack all to well. Bed space would be nice

modman86

If you want a pickup truck, this definitely would not be it. No power, not enough room, and so on. I need good towing ability not to mention more rear seat room and bed cargo area. This starts to loose the real identity of the vehicle. I personally think it will be a flop. If you're looking for a pickup truck, think about it.

RockyJk

If you want a pickup truck, this definitely would not be it. No power, not enough room, and so on. I need good towing ability not to mention more rear seat room and bed cargo area. This starts to loose the real identity of the vehicle. I personally think it will be a flop. If you're looking for a pickup truck, think about it.

Interesting, you know all the specs to know it won't have enough power, room and so on already? This thing is still rolling around in camo lol

modman86

Because there are so many other options for a truck out there. I would rather buy a Toyota if I wanted a truck. The only advantage that I can see if the cab over frame design of a Jeep truck, but is that even an advantage? I can get a whole bunch of other trucks like this.

This is almost like FCA trying to fill the gap that was left by the Land Rover Defender. When I rode in one of those, I was impressed with its off road capability and then room in the back. I just simply open a door and in goes the mountain bike, surf board, trail maintenance tools, etc.

Am I missing something? Is there any benefit to a Jeep truck over any other truck?

You're absolutely correct, if you really are in the market for a truck, you buy a REAL purpose duty truck. One that has good towing capacity, good cargo bed area, large interior space, power, etc. something a Wrangler truck can never be in our lifetime. Sure there will be some insane followers who are going to buy it just because but those who actually buy vehicles for their purpose will absolutely not go that route and I'm one of them. I buy vehicles for their purpose, not for any following reasons or for anyone.

modman86

Interesting, you know all the specs to know it won't have enough power, room and so on already? This thing is still rolling around in camo lol

I never mentioned anything about knowing all the specs, one thing I'm sure about, if it's a Wrangler based truck, it will never have enough towing power as a full size pickup truck. Just seeing how car manufacturers vehicles, I doubt it's going to be what you are hoping it to be. I highly doubt it. Seeing how car manufacturers market vehicles. If you just want a run o the mill mini pickup truck, maybe it's for you. The Wrangler just needs to be a Wrangler how I've always known it to be. It's kinda like Porsche making SUV's, I've always remembered Porsche for the famous 911 body, now it's a different brand and it is why the old 911's are skyrocketing in prices. I do heavy towing so it can't do much of anything for me. If you're a Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep follower, you buy a Dodge Ram as a pickup truck. Anyone who is looking for a real work truck isn't going to buy a Wrangler pickup and that's pretty much a sure thing, well unless you don't know anything about pickup trucks or just an all out Wrangler fan. I buy vehicles for their built purpose and would rather choose the best of their category. Jeep made pickup trucks but it was on and off, the last was the Comanche I believe but overall couldn't compete well against others for obvious reasons. It's better to buy a pickup truck with good history and built purpose, not some kind of trendy built wannabe. Maybe a benefit of the doubt, maybe the Wrangler pickup truck will have a V8, 500 HP, big as a full size pickkup truck but I doubt it. It will remain a toddler of a pickup truck I think. Well see but I'm pretty sure it will never compete with other big truck manufacturers anytime soon or perhaps ever.

Last edited:

eric1238

I have had 10 jeeps. This will be 11. If you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want a jeep with extra or external storage buy this. No way this will "flop". Jeep lovers have wanted this for 15+ years and will flock to the dealerships. The biggest negative to this truck coming out is dealers will inflate prices the first year or two. I HOPE you all want a "TRUCK" and don't want these so I can get mine without paying $5k to $10k above msrp!

rubic0n

I see it still has the freedom panel to on. I wonder if that will make it to production. I've always heard the manufacturers wouldn't do it for legal reasons. Like if you had the top of our a soft top on and a load of rocks in the back and then slammed on the brakes and got pelted with rocks. You could sure them.

If they can make it remotely close to aev DC brute then I'll be back in a Jeep again. Sold my jku a couple years ago. Driving A land cruiser now. Was going to look at the Tacoma for a truck but I may wait for this.

They used to make a Dakota convertible, so I doubt if there are liability concerns.

Sithwindu

I doubt the wrangler truck will be a full sized, but it will be a big competitor in the midsize market. It will more then likely compete with the Tacoma, Colorado, frontier and so on and so forth. Not everyone needs a full sized pickup but could use a actual "truck".

My jeep is my Dailey driver, and weekend warrior. I use my jeep for my job going back and forth between refineries and docks. And could really use a truck bed instead of the cargo space in the back. It's convenient to have a truck bed. The Colorado and tacomas are doing so well, with a jeep model truck that's taking a heavy base off the wrangler, I could see it being a more likely option for those wanting a Colorado or Tacoma that's just as rugged and capable off-road as well as on the road.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
For those that think this will be flop because it will not be as capable as a 1 ton pickup, you are really missing the point.

Go price an over 30 year old jeep scrambler, see how many jk8 conversions, brute conversions, and I forget the other pickup conversion jku vs tj, that are being bought for crazy money. People want and will buy a jeep pickup because they can.

How many true pickups never haul anything. How many of all types of 4x4 never leave pavement or even engage 4x4 or even know how. That includes jk's. Many people buy cars and trucks they want, not because they need to.

I predict jeep will sell plenty. Not as many as four door jks or no where near as many ford or chevy 1/2 ton trucks. But they will sell.

lidless07X

I got tired of waiting and bought a 2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie. It's essentially a Ram Rubicon with a factory Warn winch and a 6.4 Hemi.

I was a bit apprehensive when buying my Ram because I was afraid I would regret it once I see the new Wrangler "pick up". I came to the conclusion that besides the cool factor, if the bed is small, it will be useless, and if the bed is big, I may as well get a real truck.

I hope i don't regret my purchase LOL

Jk_nate

I got tired of waiting and bought a 2016 Ram Power Wagon Laramie. It's essentially a Ram Rubicon with a factory Warn winch and a 6.4 Hemi.

I was a bit apprehensive when buying my Ram because I was afraid I would regret it once I see the new Wrangler "pick up". I came to the conclusion that besides the cool factor, if the bed is small, it will be useless, and if the bed is big, I may as well get a real truck.

I hope i don't regret my purchase LOL

If I was to buy a new truck it would be a power wagon. I believe they are just as capable as a stock rubicon if you can fit it on the trail. Very cool trucks no doubt though.

JTLen

Still no word on cost?

Mid-$20,000 I'd be in. Anything north of $30,000 just doesn't make sense for me.

^^^
Lmao!

Sorry guys Saturn is out of business. when was the last time you've seen a truck cost under 30? Close to 50 is my guess.

Ddays

Hooked
Still no word on cost?

Mid-$20,000 I'd be in. Anything north of $30,000 just doesn't make sense for me.

Holy hell! My base '14 Sport with 2 options - hard top & tow package was $29k. No power anything. You think this truck will be under $30k? :crazyeyes:
A stripper Tacoma SR lists at $32k before you add any options so figure the Jeep will be at least $35k to start

Top Bottom