Prorock 44 outboard shock mount options?

kawimoto

Shocks hitting the frame, looking at it I believe the top mount suggested earlier in this thread will fix the issue and still not interfere with the tire at full stuff

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kawimoto

I have a standard coil and shock setup. I wish I had coilovers but they are out of the budget. My fox 2.0 shocks hit the frame well before max articulation and the axle is center. Just curious if the suggested upper shock mount relo worked or was attempted

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a standard coil and shock setup. I wish I had coilovers but they are out of the budget. My fox 2.0 shocks hit the frame well before max articulation and the axle is center. Just curious if the suggested upper shock mount relo worked or was attempted

ahh gotcha - stock axle?

my buddy has the fox 2.0 on his 2012 with stock axle - he installed the evo lower relocation bracket and seems to have fixed his hitting - well I haven't heard him say anything more about it.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-front-shock-relocation-brackets-kit-jk-jku/

synergy makes a similar bracket:

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Front-Lower-Shock-Mount-Bracket-p-17962.html

jeeeep

Hooked
No pr44. The thicker brackets make all the other outboarded brackets not work well. Tried the mc ones and was too tight to fit

yeah, the PR44 brackets are thick - why not grind some of the thickness off? I would think they could handle it.

would it need much to clearance for the shock mount?

JK_BUB

I have the same issue, but not sure if it is better to move the top or bottom out. I bought the MC brackets and was going to modify them to work with the PR44, but now I am having second thoughts.

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I called dynatrac and they told me their mounts are moved outboard to help clear larger shocks but they didn't moved them out far enough.

...until the day I decided I had to have the Dynatrack big brake kit. My problem is compounded by the fact that I have the Reed Racing knuckles, i think. However, on full turn, the bottom shock bolt would contact the brake caliper right where the brake line fastened into the caliper.

Anyone using a upper shock mount relocator? Found this one and like the price.
View attachment 195795

Shocks hitting the frame, looking at it I believe the top mount suggested earlier in this thread will fix the issue and still not interfere with the tire at full stuff

Ran into the same issue... PR44 Unlimited, shocks still contacted the frame, added the JKS lower mounts which interfered with the brake calipers, removed those and added the upper shock relocation identified in this thread. So far, no issue on full compression or droop. Oh, except that I had to modify the exhaust crossover (even with an aftermarket driveshaft). Don't forget to re-check your shock measurements after adding the brackets, they ever so slightly changed the compressed shock length tolerances. :thumb:

metalic

The only ones I found like these are from Rough Country and the reviews are terrible. They say they break quickly. Anyone seen any better, more durable solutions to move the top out?

A friend of mine is running these since they came with his complete Long arm kit. He's broke one so far. Stay far away from RC I've replaced more parts on that lift than I can count. We're slowly replacing it a piece at a time

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_BUB

IMG_4160.JPG Since I couldn't seem to find a better solution that would work with my setup, I decided to fab up my own. I will report back how well it works, but so far it looks like the King 2.5s have plenty of room to flex and the ProGrips have plenty of room even when turned all the way.

J

JKDream

Doesn't Dynatrac move the shock mounts outward normally?
Mine were put about an inch outwards on both sides to give extra clearance.

Deacon

I have the King 2.5's en route and will be installed on a PR60 in the next 2 months - any idea if this will be an issue with that axle as well?

benatc1

Hooked
I saw this thread and thought of you and was going to send you a link. Glad you found it.

Yea funny we were just talking about it. Seems like there are still some issues, waiting to hear back from the manufacturers but looking at the upper relocation mounts from Currie as a possible solution

JAGS

Hooked
Yea funny we were just talking about it. Seems like there are still some issues, waiting to hear back from the manufacturers but looking at the upper relocation mounts from Currie as a possible solution

Just thinking... if you push out the uppers, then that would then in effect "align" the top and bottom again, negating the outward mount on the PR44. You then again have issues flexing the 2.5 shafts as in a stock set up. Solve one problem, but bring back the problem of arc upon flexing.

Top Bottom