Prorock 44 outboard shock mount options?

benatc1

Hooked
Just thinking... if you push out the uppers, then that would then in effect "align" the top and bottom again, negating the outward mount on the PR44. You then again have issues flexing the 2.5 shafts as in a stock set up. Solve one problem, but bring back the problem of arc upon flexing.

That's an interesting thought. My understanding is that the contacting of the shock body against the frame and the flexing is what causes the issue. I might be misunderstanding the ultimate issue at hand being I haven't actually seen the issue with my own eyes

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
That's an interesting thought. My understanding is that the contacting of the shock body against the frame and the flexing is what causes the issue. I might be misunderstanding the ultimate issue at hand being I haven't actually seen the issue with my own eyes

As it was explained to me. It is the vertical arc/axle swoop (not sure if terming that right) upon full flex. Relocating the lower mounts eases that arc. Just sharing what was told to me when I had my 2.5s rebuilt.

By no means take it as gospel. But maybe something to look further. Possibly still doing an additional lower relocation?

benatc1

Hooked
As it was explained to me. It is the vertical arc/axle swoop (not sure if terming that right) upon full flex. Relocating the lower mounts eases that arc. Just sharing what was told to me when I had my 2.5s rebuilt.

By no means take it as gospel. But maybe something to look further. Possibly still doing an additional lower relocation?

That makes a lot of sense the more I think about it. Gonna keep researching and hopefully hear back from Dynatrac and ORE to see what they recommend. Last thing I want to do is bend these bad boys

JAGS

Hooked
That makes a lot of sense the more I think about it. Gonna keep researching and hopefully hear back from Dynatrac and ORE to see what they recommend. Last thing I want to do is bend these bad boys

I bent mine after 45k on them. Apparently I'm kind of a badass. Lol. (I blame it on pour driving.)

I didn't have the relocation brackets for a while as they hadn't come out yet.

Worth a couple more questions just to be sure though. Want to make sure you have the best set up possible, especially given the initial investment of the suspension and axle.

JK_BUB

Yea funny we were just talking about it. Seems like there are still some issues, waiting to hear back from the manufacturers but looking at the upper relocation mounts from Currie as a possible solution

Currie makes some great upper relocation mounts, but they are designed for an eyelet mount. The King 2.5s that are sold for the JK have the factory style stem mount at the top.

Top Bottom