Prorocks.. where to buy??

Mbair

I don't see how it can only be 400 more. And why would anyone go with a 60 in that case.
Am I correct in saying that the small price difference is only with the front axle. From what I've seen a PR 80 rear is quite a bit more than a PR 60 rear.

bkac

Caught the Bug
My point exactly that's exactly what dynatrac told me and he price me he said I would be dumb not to go with an 80 for $400 more. Believe I talked to Steve. I told him I thought it was a thousand more for an 80 and he said no it was only 400. Idk...
Just sharing my experience

Mbair

You never know what you will want to run in your rig 5 years down the road. You may come up on a he mi deal that you can't pass on.
Better to over build in my opinion. (Apparently I'm an expert all of a sudden)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Agree with others, just call whoever you plan on buying them from. They'll help you out.

Last edited:

Mbair

So is there PR 80 Front out there for sale or no??? Because the 80 rear is more than 400 more then the PR 60 rear.

So is there PR 80 Front out there for sale or no??? Because the 80 rear is more than 400 more then the PR 60 rear.

Not really...there is but not. Truthfully it's not really needed. The reason the 80 is so popular for the rear is for major horsepower. The ring and pinion are on the opposite side (low pinion) so on the stronger side. The 60 in the front is plenty strong.

Mbair

Yea I know that it's overkill unless your adding big power to the big tires. But I keep hearing it's only 400 more than the 60. It's just not adding up for me. The PR 80 Rear start at 8k it looks like and the 60 much less

Last edited:
Yea I know that it's overkill unless your adding big power to the big tires. But I keep hearing it's only 400 more than the 60. It's just not adding up for me.

Well it's only "$400" if you compare a maxed out PR60 to an PR80. Since the 80 pretty much comes only with full float/8-lug/1410 cv/etc the only option is bigger brakes. Where as the 60 you can get semi-float 5 lug, etc.

Mbair

Ok that makes much more sense. I never in a million years would have thought that I'd be considering a Prorock 80. But after crunching the numbers why the hell not???

SaddleTramp

[QUOTEwhy the hell not???[/QUOTE]

This was my thought, as much $$$ as I have in my rig, the plan is it's going to be in the family for a while and if/when a V8 comes or not, I'll take dragging that .5-1" of diff over a few Nevada rocks for the ability to have options down the road and always being able to get off the trail in RWD, cheap insurance.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
[QUOTEwhy the hell not???

This was and thought, as much $$$ as I have in my rig, the plan is it's going to be in the family for a while and if/when a V8 comes or not, I'll take dragging that .5-1" of diff over a few Nevada rocks for the ability to have options down the road and always being able to get off the trail in RWD, cheap insurance.[/QUOTE]

^^This^^........Building a solid foundation for a future engine swap and spending the extra $1000-1200 for a rear D-80 was worth the added bit of insurance and relability.

~Woodrow~

Christarp

I can't imagine a prorock 80 being needed in the front. I would imagine the extra ground clearance would be more beneficial.

Top Bottom