PSC Steering Assist 2013 and CAI system

dchew

Caught the Bug
At this point I am not planning on a cooler. It is a great question about the hose clamps. I don't know the difference between the factory pump curve and this new one, but I am guessing the main difference is flow not pressure. It might just have a bigger impeller. Don't know. The one spot where we cut and flared the end is where I am most concerned. I may beef that up somehow. Here are some photos of the cut bracket on the EVO drag link bracket. Welding will be Sunday.

Dave

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361613806.286647.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361613833.891821.jpg

dchew

Caught the Bug
Finally done! Everything is installed and connected. I took these photos before the lines were connected, but that is done too. The ram cycles stop to stop. I think it lines up as they suggest, so should be good to go.

Dave

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

dchew

Caught the Bug
Nice job.Are you planning to run an cooler with that set-up?Will those hose clamps hold the pressure?

I talked with PSC about the return line pressure. It is relatively low, normally less than 50 psi, but has the potential to get as high as 300psi. I'm going to put a normal hose clamp on wherever I cut and spliced into a solid line.

Dave

Prime8

Hey Dave, looks great! Can you take a picture from the finished drag link flip bracket side so I can see the bracket and tab? Thanks!

dchew

Caught the Bug
My first impression is wow! We fired up the Jeep with the tires on and sitting on a sticky rubber mat. Without moving I could turn it lock to lock all day with my pinky. Really nice. :thumb:

jesse3638

Hooked
This good?

Thanks for the write up this answered a lot of questions I had...haha. I like the cut down PSC bracket attached to the flip kit bracket. I'm going to be learning how to weld soon (Self taught) and I think this will be more forgiving should my welds not be quite 100% vs. trying to weld the tabs directly to the flip kit bracket. I'll be in touch if I have any other questions. Its been a few months since the install have you encountered any problems since?

Last edited:
Top Bottom