PSC tie rod clamp

Rebel JK

Some great info for the less experienced guys like me here. Would love to see some pics of lock to lock relationship to ram angle. Anyone?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie do you think this is less likely to happen with the high steer kit ? Sorry to hijack

Don't waste your money on a high steer kit. You'll only get about an inch more clearance and you will still hit your tie-rod. Oh, and no, it won't make a difference.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Eddie, if the ram is at an angle that is both pushing out along with sideways for steer, I'd the tires are wedged would the force from the ram then push in the easier direction of outwards bending the tierod. That metaljoke tierod seemed to sit a lot further away from the axle then the factory one causing the ram angle to have some outward angle on it vs a team the is basically perpendicular to the tierod. That was my thought pin what happened to it. It was flexing pretty bad throughout the day before it finally gave. I'm sure the Currie would have never done that being the size of it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I've seen some hydro assist setups where the body is mounted close to the pumpkin and the ram looks like its on the knuckle, is this correct? I could see this setup being more effective

Last edited:

Panda

I've seen some hydro assist setups where the body it mounted close to the pumpkin and the ram looks like its on the knuckle, is this correct? I could see this setup being more effective

That is the high steer set up

Top Bottom