Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Got to wheel the rubi today, ran all day without lockers, doing most cracks that I used to run with the TJ (lunchbox front and lsd rear, 36") without any issues with the jkur, wheelbase helped out most of the time
here's a few pics from wheeling today
2013-10-26 11.35.32.jpg 2013-10-26 13.30.02.jpg 2013-10-26 14.31.57.jpg 2013-10-26 14.32.18.jpg 2013-10-26 14.38.10.jpg

1382837768058.jpg

Last edited:

pvanweelden

^ i edited one of the posts above, i think the problem is i was uploading images larger than 2 mb each

Towards the end of the day saturday, we were down to just myself, Atch, Gecko Ryan, and Kody, when Kody determined to climb one of the cracks, somehow stood his jeep up on the rear tires. and it just stayed standing up.
I had been recording his earlier attempts, but had stopped recording, when he stood it up- so i had pressed record, but the video is kind of a blair witch type of video, so i took 2 still shots from the video.

video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECgs6Fgo9E0

still shots-
Kody1.jpg
Kody2.jpg

pvanweelden

Well, I had to take a mandatory leave from being able to work on anything for the new jeep for a week, due to catching a metal framant from the ginder in my eyeball :-( I always wear eye protection, but call me a dumbass (I'm used to hearing it) somehow I forgot one time, and caught a piece of metal that went 1/3 of the way into my cornea. Here's a pic of the doc, drilling the rust ring out of my eyeball :-(
1383369552732.jpg
Please protect your eyes always!

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

So, after that rest, I got some progress on the front bumper, grinding (with goggles) and cutting to make room for the winch I stole off my tj. Xrc 10
View attachment 55257
1383369806486.jpg
Winch fits now :)
1383369834361.jpg

RockyJk

That sucks about the eyeball!! I had scrap metal bust my lip back in July it sucked when the doc was cleaning (seemed like pressure washing) a fresh wound on my lip lol

Build is coming along nicely👍

Mitrig

So, after that rest, I got some progress on the front bumper, grinding (with goggles) and cutting to make room for the winch I stole off my tj. Xrc 10
View attachment 55257
View attachment 55258
Winch fits now :)
View attachment 55259

The build is coming along nicely man!!! Bet you won't forget eye protection again ahahha hope it's all good now bud. Been following your build so I want to see a final end result so don't go and hurt yourself ahah. That and I am dying to see how your bumper sits in the end

pvanweelden

^ thanks Rocky and mitrig
Test fit bumper and winch earlier to make sure everything still lines up good before paint or powder coating it
View attachment 55285
1383424404563.jpg
Next up, adjusting parking brake and relocating evap can

David1tontj

Looking good!! That's my favorite time in the garage is when my daughter "helps". It used to make it take about three times longer... Now it's only twice as long, and soon, maybe I'll break even with her out there ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383801109.959442.jpg

I think your next mod should be some 35's! :)

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

pvanweelden

Awesome pic David ^ I love daddy daughter time while wrenching, the boy is too busy with his new phone :-( but I did teach him how to play the bass :) I played for years with quite a few bands, toured, etc.

I cut the front fenders today, no pics yet, took the rubi rails off to trim them, and descovered about 5 lbs each of extra weight in each one View attachment 56005
Tomorrow- trim pinch seam, trim rear fenders, relocate license plate light
35's are being made- treadwright
C gussets and spacers need to go on Jeep
1384060547076.jpg

Top Bottom