Pvanweelden's JKUR build

pvanweelden

Well, i gotta say, i am pleased with Treadwright. If you look on their website, the 315/70 r17's are out of stock. what they don't tell you is they will make them if you order them, but it is a 2 week estimated production period. They won't charge you until they ship :thumb:
Ordered Monday morning, tuesday evening received a shipping notification, and thursday they arrived!
2013-11-14 12.22.04.jpg

next to the 255's
2013-11-14 12.23.24.jpg
gonna need to get the C gussets on asap!

David1tontj

Well, i gotta say, i am pleased with Treadwright. If you look on their website, the 315/70 r17's are out of stock. what they don't tell you is they will make them if you order them, but it is a 2 week estimated production period. They won't charge you until they ship :thumb:
Ordered Monday morning, tuesday evening received a shipping notification, and thursday they arrived!
View attachment 56602

next to the 255's
View attachment 56603
gonna need to get the C gussets on asap!

Those look great!! They look just like the old mtr's!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Nice build so far! I love the front bumper. Rescue Green is my favorite color on a Jeep. I wish I could've gotten one in that but I still love my Bright White JK lol have fun with the new rig and I look forward to more custom stuff :thumb:

pvanweelden

^ thanks Kenny, wife really wanted a white jku. I didn't really care what color it was, as long as it was a Rubi. The color is starting to grow on me now :)

Punched out some plate over the lunch hour for the next build pieces....
2013-11-15 13.17.24.jpg

crowrb29

Let me know how you like those Guard Dogs. I am really leaning towards them. Especially since I'm a SoDak native. 😀

pvanweelden

^ This is my third set of TW's, been happy with every set so far. at $187ea (with kedge grip) shipped, hard to complain, and they run big, these measure 34.5" unmounted

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I was going to go with those too but don't have the money to regear and lift more yet. I want 35s (basically those) or their biggest (37s) but that'll require 16.5" hummer rims...even more money I don't need to spend right now lol

pvanweelden

Picked up a procal, lca skids, steering stablizer relocation, black rubi stickers.
and a 30 pack of fender clips for 13.15 shipped
1384881861118.jpg

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden

Thanks Atch! Will order black ones next time, and keep these for Dave and his chromicon :thumbup:

pvanweelden

No, lol, I jus really didn't care what color they were when I ordered them, jus wanted spares

pvanweelden

Hood Flutter

Took the jkur on a road trip for our first time yesterday, and now i understand what everyone is annoyed with when describing the hood flutter. The TJ never did this, at least not this bad (but the sheet metal is a lot thicker on the TJ).
After 20 minutes, i pulled over and removed the Hood spring (like Devallee had suggested in the cheap mods thread, thank you Devallee) and just like that, no more flutter. Best mod i have done yet.

The treadwrights- still very happy. They drove very smooth, not much noise (quieter than the wind noise).

In other news, sad to say, that we are no longer a ALL jeep family :mad:
We sold our remaining WJ this weekend, and am going to pick up a mini Cooper tonight, for wife's main vehicle. I've already started to plan a heist :thumb:

Top Bottom