Question regarding ARB twin Compressor mounting

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Ive bought the carolina metal masters bracket, to install in my 07 crd jku

Dam you guys and your ability to mount it under the hood.
I do have the diesel engine though so hmm :)

Anyone who has the cmm underseat bracket -
Can you mount the locker manifold underneath the seat, on the same bracket?

It might be possible to mount the manifold on that bracket but you will probably need to drill some holes and add a cross-member or something. I'm not familiar with the mounting footprint for the manifold but there should be plenty of room under the seat behind the compressor. I have quite a bit of room between the compressor and back of the seat, and plenty of floor clearance.

thadeus618

I used the M.O.R.E. mount and it works great but next time I air up after wheeling all day I will open the hood when using it. The heat built up too much on the fourth tire and I had to wait a half an hour for it to cool down before it would work again.

Wardell

The Innovative JK products mount with the air hoses to fill all 4 tires at once looks interesting, but personally, I'd rather have the air compressor mounted under the hood than under a seat.

Does anyone with the MORE bracket have the air tank mounted under their hood too? If so, how did you mount it?

spicoli

You guys with the ARB twin/MORE and sPod, it looks like you moved the cylinder with the air coupler to a different location closer to the cab. I'm just curious what alterations you had to do if you have a sPod and use the MORE mount. Or is this an optional mounting place from MORE?

Thanks in advance for your input. I'll be ordering a sPod here in the next couple weeks and the next purchase for me will be a ARB twin compressor because airing down and up w/low hassle is very important to me. I'll all about making things easier in life.

You guys with the ARB twin/MORE and sPod, it looks like you moved the cylinder with the air coupler to a different location closer to the cab. I'm just curious what alterations you had to do if you have a sPod and use the MORE mount. Or is this an optional mounting place from MORE?

Thanks in advance for your input. I'll be ordering a sPod here in the next couple weeks and the next purchase for me will be a ARB twin compressor because airing down and up w/low hassle is very important to me. I'll all about making things easier in life.

Mine was optional. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414456044.974739.jpg someone else has theirs mounted to the fire wall which looks to be a better place for it.

Buster3479

I mounted it to the firewall. I drilled 2 holes, and used 2 wellnuts. If you don't know what a wellnut is, it's basically a nut and bolt that squeezes a rubber tube on both sides of whatever you're putting it through. It makes great vibration damping, and a great seal. It won't last forever, but you can always put another one in. The disadvantage is having to drill a larger hole than both the nut and screw. I used to use them all the time setting up electronics on ocean kayaks, so I had a bag for this mount with stainless steel screws ready to go. I really couldn't find a better place to mount it.

Attachments

• Compressor_no_Spod.jpg
    Compressor_no_Spod.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 204

HILLZ

Sorry, I mean the 1 gallon air tank, for running tools, etc, not the little one for the lockers.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-1-Gallon-Forged-Aluminum-Air-Tank-171601--P22697C9.aspx

This thing is pretty big, so I'm not sure exactly where it could fit, or even if it will fit in there.

good luck trying to find space in the engine bay for that. :cheesy:
if your planning on setting up the compressor in the cab you'd be able to mount the tank on or next to one of the rear wheel arches or maybe under the other front seat if it will fit, not that I'd want to sit on top of a pressurised tank ;)

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
any of you guys that are running the Twin air compressor i would greatly appreciate some help with the install. Can you upload some pics of how it is wired up to the battery? also confused about the Red and blue wires that come off the wiring harness for the switches. where/what did you connect those to?

SergJKURhino

Anybody use these guys stuff - Innovative JK Products ? (came across them on ebay)
More specifically their - Mounting Bracket and Air Line System for ARB On-Board Twin Air Compressor (CKMTA12) ?
If so is it a good piece of kit and worth dropping some $ on ?
Yea or nay in peoples opinion.
Cheers

Doesn't look like anyone has answered your actual question about this, so lemme be the first.

I just installed this system over the weekend. As the product is good quality & it functions as advertised, there are a few design changes I feel are needed to make Innovative JK Products' product a more user-friendly install. The product is a method of mounting the ARB twin compressor under the front passenger seat and route air lines to both sides of the Jeep in order to run four lines (one to each tire) to fill simultaneously.

What I will do is mention challenges that I came across that were not mentioned in the installation instructions...

#1...the instructions indicate to rotate the compressor manifold so that the T-fitting has a lower profiled angle than it would if it were straight up. The issue with this is that the hole now sits lower under the compressor cover that it makes it impossible to seat the T-fitting all the way down. And I tried my hardest to turn that fitting all the way as far as it could go, but now I'm at the point where I can no longer fit a tool through the gap to unscrew it out, nor can I remove the cover to rotate the manifold to the original position because the T-fitting is in the way. So hopefully the amount I was able to screw the T-fitting down is sufficient.

#2...there is no mention or warning of the passenger airbag sensor getting tripped and disengaging the airbag if you detach the yellow connectors under the seat & then proceed to remove the anchor bolts in order to tilt the seat back as instructed. I made sure to disconnect the battery prior to doing this & then reconnected it when the install was complete, but the computer still killed the passenger side airbag (as shown by the red airbag indicator on the instrument panel). Now I have to take my Jeep into the dealership to get that sensor reset (more $$ out of my pocket).

Because of these issues, I say that Innovative JK Products has some R&D to do to come up with a more user-friendly design to allow for an install that keeps the customer from having to remove the passenger seat. Other than that, other challenges do occur, but they're noted in the instructions so you can prepare for them.

The idea is great & the quality is good!! And most importantly...it works as advertised!!

EDIT See my post in this thread...
This weekend, I installed the ARB twin air compressor with the Innovative JK Products underseat mount & air line system. When all was said & done, it aired up two of my 315/70R17's at the same time from 12psi to 40psi in 3 minutes. NOTE: I typically ride on-road at 36psi...I just wanted to see how long it would take to get to 40psi.
View attachment 229983 View attachment 229984 View attachment 229985 View attachment 229986

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Doesn't look like anyone has answered your actual question about this, so lemme be the first.

I just installed this system over the weekend. As the product is good quality & it functions as advertised, there are a few design changes I feel are needed to make Innovative JK Products' product a more user-friendly install. The product is a method of mounting the ARB twin compressor under the front passenger seat and route air lines to both sides of the Jeep in order to run four lines (one to each tire) to fill simultaneously.

What I will do is mention challenges that I came across that were not mentioned in the installation instructions...

#1...the instructions indicate to rotate the compressor manifold so that the T-fitting has a lower profiled angle than it would if it were straight up. The issue with this is that the hole now sits lower under the compressor cover that it makes it impossible to seat the T-fitting all the way down. And I tried my hardest to turn that fitting all the way as far as it could go, but now I'm at the point where I can no longer fit a tool through the gap to unscrew it out, nor can I remove the cover to rotate the manifold to the original position because the T-fitting is in the way. So hopefully the amount I was able to screw the T-fitting down is sufficient.

#2...there is no mention or warning of the passenger airbag sensor getting tripped and disengaging the airbag if you detach the yellow connectors under the seat & then proceed to remove the anchor bolts in order to tilt the seat back as instructed. I made sure to disconnect the battery prior to doing this & then reconnected it when the install was complete, but the computer still killed the passenger side airbag (as shown by the red airbag indicator on the instrument panel). Now I have to take my Jeep into the dealership to get that sensor reset (more $$ out of my pocket).

Because of these issues, I say that Innovative JK Products has some R&D to do to come up with a more user-friendly design to allow for an install that keeps the customer from having to remove the passenger seat. Other than that, other challenges do occur, but they're noted in the instructions so you can prepare for them.

The idea is great & the quality is good!! And most importantly...it works as advertised!!

EDIT See my post in this thread...

Sucks you had an issue with the airbag. I never pulled my battery cable or anything and I have had the seat in an out a few times. My only complaint for the mount is there is no provision for the ARB manifold.

WJCO

Meme King
If you call around to auto parts stores, occasionally you can find one that has the ability to clear air bag codes. It's more rare than CEL or ABS, but some can do it.

SergJKURhino

Sucks you had an issue with the airbag. I never pulled my battery cable or anything and I have had the seat in an out a few times.
It's just my luck that it would happen to me.☠️

If you call around to auto parts stores, occasionally you can find one that has the ability to clear air bag codes. It's more rare than CEL or ABS, but some can do it.
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely call around if it saves a dollar.[emoji389]

Top Bottom