Radio static

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well damn! Everyone needs to get a Rugged because CBs suck ass to tune! Lol

Lol it's only a screw. :crazyeyes:
I found the hardest part was finding an area open enough so you didn't cause any interference.

Yeah we have the FCC regulating all that.

I plan on running one once I get my build started.

Speaking of FCC, are non HAMs even allowed to operate their radios? Last time I looked, if you are unlicensed you're only allowed to use CBs and VHF marine radios (only on a boat).

Not sure on the answer, just putting it out there for you all.

thardy

Banned
Lol it's only a screw. :crazyeyes:
I found the hardest part was finding an area open enough so you didn't cause any interference.

Speaking of FCC, are non HAMs even allowed to operate their radios? Last time I looked, if you are unlicensed you're only allowed to use CBs and VHF marine radios (only on a boat).

Not sure on the answer, just putting it out there for you all.

I actually just asked that question to Rugged. There's no mention of needing a license, so I'm curious to find that out.

thardy

Banned
Guess I'll have both before next big trail ride.

That's my plan. I'm hoping to go with the 25watt Rugged (possibly the 50) and just a Cobra 75. Should cover my bases.

Edit: that being said, the handheld Rugged is probably more than most will ever really need.

8POUND

I just picked up a pair of the RH-5R handhelds. I'm thinking of adding the RM-25R later. I just wanted to try these out before purchasing the 25 watt radio.

Top Bottom