Rampage or Bestop Soft top

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Awesome. Youll love it. If its cool out, just be patient with the install.

I hear you about being patient. I watched the Bestop install video. So I'll wait for a warmer day, and pretty excited should change the look of my rig. I was going to get the window storage kit, but I decided to make my own using felt and a piece of pleather to wrap them up and hold with velcro straps. I did however order the cleaner and zipper lube and will maintain this one better. I did go with the Black Diamond.

I hear you about being patient. I watched the Bestop install video. So I'll wait for a warmer day, and pretty excited should change the look of my rig. I was going to get the window storage kit, but I decided to make my own using felt and a piece of pleather to wrap them up and hold with velcro straps. I did however order the cleaner and zipper lube and will maintain this one better.

The weather part is no BS. I sold my hardtop fast so i had no choice but to install my trektop in february. I did it in the garage w my propane heater going but that still wasnt enough. Had to take gradually use my wifes hairdryer back and forth over it to relax the fabric. Finally got it all zipped up with out straining the zippers or seams.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
The weather part is no BS. I sold my hardtop fast so i had no choice but to install my trektop in february. I did it in the garage w my propane heater going but that still wasnt enough. Had to take gradually use my wifes hairdryer back and forth over it to relax the fabric. Finally got it all zipped up with out straining the zippers or seams.

:cheesy::cheesy: I'll have to wait then I do not have a garage. I can't use my wife's shit any more, I used her hair dryer once to defrost the freezer and burned it up, AND while mixing some grout for tile I used her hand held blender. Big no no!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I hear you about being patient. I watched the Bestop install video. So I'll wait for a warmer day, and pretty excited should change the look of my rig. I was going to get the window storage kit, but I decided to make my own using felt and a piece of pleather to wrap them up and hold with velcro straps. I did however order the cleaner and zipper lube and will maintain this one better. I did go with the Black Diamond.

Its going to look great Pete! I cant wait to see it installed! :thumb:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Its going to look great Pete! I cant wait to see it installed! :thumb:

Your rig looks sweet topless. Man, in Columbia I would have the top down weeks at a time. Up here it can be sunny then have an afternoon shower. Have not been able to leave the top down for long. This new top will make it more easier.

:cheesy::cheesy: I'll have to wait then I do not have a garage. I can't use my wife's shit any more, I used her hair dryer once to defrost the freezer and burned it up, AND while mixing some grout for tile I used her hand held blender. Big no no!

Lmao. Yeaaaa better wait. I think the hair dryer survived, but only because taking it slow n easy gave me more time to drink beer. Lol

StrizzyChris

I did a mini write-up on the install f this top in my build thread if you need color pics since the black and white they send with the top is hard to see HERE

I keep my trektop nx windows in a bestop saddle bag. One on each side. I roll the rear up with the trektop and keep it in the trunk area. This way I can put in on in a pinch. I have used my spiderweb shade and now the trek armor shade under the trektop with no issues.

Here you can see the saddle bags, and in the back. You can see the safari portion of the trektop rolled up.

View attachment 82602

How do you run the spiderweb shade under the trektop? What about the clips that connect to the sound bar? How does that work?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426505054.669675.jpg

I got my trektop in twill put on last week and I love it so far. The install was hard as I didn't wait till the sun was out but I just put the zippers half way down until the top stretched out. Be careful with your windows as I have already put two huge scratches on them. I love it so far!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
View attachment 131131

I got my trektop in twill put on last week and I love it so far. The install was hard as I didn't wait till the sun was out but I just put the zippers half way down until the top stretched out. Be careful with your windows as I have already put two huge scratches on them. I love it so far!

Your Jeep and the top look great! :thumbup:

JK BLK

I did a mini write-up on the install f this top in my build thread if you need color pics since the black and white they send with the top is hard to see HERE

Thanks for this write up StrizzyChris! I'm ordering this next week and will definitely use this! Their video is pretty good but you've provided the details!:beer:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
How do you run the spiderweb shade under the trektop? What about the clips that connect to the sound bar? How does that work?

I did a 10 step albeit sarcastic write up on this a few months back to answers your question......I wasn't able to find it but it involves a pocket knife, a cold beer, and about 10 minutes of time.......

Use the knife to cut two 1" slits in the Spiderweb Shade and feed the straps through......hook the straps to the sound bar as directed and sinch them down.......done.

~Woodrow~

image.jpg
image.jpg

hbkid22

View attachment 131131

Still waiting for your build thread or some more pics!!!!!!!!! Nice looking Jeep. (and not to get off topic but you running to EVO tire? If so can you post some pics? Debating that and want to see what the 2drs look like.

hbkid22

And 100% go with the bestop. I have the trektop NX twill and it is awesome. No leaks and it is quiet. Not to mention fairly warm for living in CO and I run it year round.

Still waiting for your build thread or some more pics!!!!!!!!! Nice looking Jeep. (and not to get off topic but you running to EVO tire? If so can you post some pics? Debating that and want to see what the 2drs look like.

I have been meaning to make one just haven't had the time. And yes it is the Evo tire carrier I will get some pics up and a build thread in the next couple days

Top Bottom