Random Internet Shit you've come across

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Isn’t it kind of already digital? Nobody has or wants cash anymore.
At least in California. I was at a restaurant there recently and when I pulled out cash to pay, Cindy had to point out the signs posted stating that they do not accept cash - credit cards only. Surprised the hell out of me being that a lot of restaurants up here only accept cash.

WJCO

Meme King
Isn’t it kind of already digital? Nobody has or wants cash anymore.
It's funny you say that. When im selling coffee I take all forms of payment and am constantly asked if I take cash. Of course I do I figured I could assume people would know I do. I keep meaning to out up a sign saying I do with a description of what cash looks like...haha. I may be wrong but last I read only 20% of the world's currency was in actual physical form the rest is all numbers in a computer somewhere.
I actually have seen more small businesses in the last year or so that will give a better price if you use cash over card. It's stated that it's because of the percentage they get charged by CC companies.

jesse3638

Hooked
I actually have seen more small businesses in the last year or so that will give a better price if you use cash over card. It's stated that it's because of the percentage they get charged by CC companies.
I do the same, however the fees associated with CC transactions are tax deductible so really it's not a loss, you just get it back on the back end. So charging a fee is actually like double dipping. So far looking at my reports I'm up to around $400 in fees for the year but at .50 a transaction I figure I'm ahead of that. When I do KOH next year I'll charge more just because of what I'll need to purchase to be able to accept CC's.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
At least in California. I was at a restaurant there recently and when I pulled out cash to pay, Cindy had to point out the signs posted stating that they do not accept cash - credit cards only. Surprised the hell out of me being that a lot of restaurants up here only accept cash.
I wonder if it’s the digitalized direction or the fact that people are too paranoid that people steal or can’t count or both. With card there is no need to explain where that extra $20 went.

jeeeep

Hooked
When I traveled to Santa Monica not too long ago, I stopped at some off freeway gas station/store and they had signs that made it obvious it was a cashless, credit card only location.

While in the store getting snacks, I asked why they didn't take cash and they informed me since going credit card only it has stopped robberies. I was surprised because I thought it was kind of a small town out of the mainstream location, I charged about $6 in snacks. 🤦‍♂️

Jsouder53

Hooked
It's funny you say that. When im selling coffee I take all forms of payment and am constantly asked if I take cash. Of course I do I figured I could assume people would know I do. I keep meaning to put up a sign saying I do with a description of what cash looks like...haha. I may be wrong but last I read only 20% of the world's currency was in actual physical form the rest is all numbers in a computer somewhere.
I still appreciate when my clients pay with a check! I don’t get a ding for credit or ACH payments lol

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Pirates in San Francisco...

WJCO

Meme King
That's nuts. San Francisco is becoming a little third world country.

jesse3638

Hooked
Ok… I pay cash for coffee every morning…and have to do the math for the cashier in order to get the correct change back. One person dreads seeing me roll up to the counter…
It's funny you say that. Math was my strong suit. I can just look at the drinks total it up see what bill they have and have change ready before they even hand it to me. I always get "how much is it?" It's right on the menu board...haha. I do think some prefer to may with card just so they don't have to do math.

Aceisback

Hooked
Wait a minute. There’s 466 Million firearms in America. Meaning every single person has at least one of them. You’re telling me folks wealthy enough to own a vessel that can be pirated are too frugal to own any protection?

Top Bottom