Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Looks good. Once you primer you'll see exactly how good your finishing is!
I have a small area above a slider that needs finished. In absolute no hurry since it will create a huge mess. Drywall dust is about the most permeating shit to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s amazing what a roller will cover up lol. Screw the sprayer, that tiny slight texture of a roller is a savior.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
It’s amazing what a roller will cover up lol. Screw the sprayer, that tiny slight texture of a roller is a savior.

I hope so. This is the first drywall project I've done with no texture. The existing walls have none so we were forced to match that. I purposely bought more drywall sheets to make the seams as perfect as possible with as little butt joints as possible because of the lack of no texture. We shall see. I really hope that the primer and paint rollers will hide the little stuff.

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks good. Once you primer you'll see exactly how good your finishing is!
I have a small area above a slider that needs finished. In absolute no hurry since it will create a huge mess. Drywall dust is about the most permeating shit to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Dust from demoing tile is pretty bad too. Especially if you use a diamond wheel to remove the thinset...haha

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
I hope so. This is the first drywall project I've done with no texture. The existing walls have none so we were forced to match that. I purposely bought more drywall sheets to make the seams as perfect as possible with as little butt joints as possible because of the lack of no texture. We shall see. I really hope that the primer and paint rollers will hide the little stuff.

I am positive it will turn out just right. At the end of the day you’ll enjoy looking at it until the next project [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

No primer yet. We'll do it tomorrow. There isn't a single step of drywall that is fun. It blows. I literally thumb tacked drop cloths to the ceiling to create an entire covid containment room for the dust. Dust still ended up migrating to the floor level above. Sucks. I spent 2 hours dusting and vacuuming everything. So glad to be done with this shit.

I wonder why there isn’t such a thing as wet sanding drywall?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I am positive it will turn out just right. At the end of the day you’ll enjoy looking at it until the next project [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

That's pretty much where I'm at. It's done whether right or not.

I wonder why there isn’t such a thing as wet sanding drywall?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. No shit. Of course that would have it's own level of messiness.

WJCO

Meme King
Have you ever tried wet sponging to finish? I tried it once. All it did for me was fuck up all of the joints faster so I could start over again :idontknow:

I used a wet t-shirt just to remove the dust. Walls worked out but I had white boogers all over the shirt and my skin. I took 3 showers today. And my neighbors called the cops thinking I was cleaning up a crime scene. Thank God for beer.

Ddays

Hooked
I used a wet t-shirt just to remove the dust. Walls worked out but I had white boogers all over the shirt and my skin. I took 3 showers today. And my neighbors called the cops thinking I was cleaning up a crime scene. Thank God for beer.

LOL!
Man, I just absolutely hate finishing drywall. I'm no good at it and it's one of those things that I refuse to do anymore. I found a local guy named, I shit you not, "Drywall Dan". He's reasonable, shows up, and I don't have to do it.

WJCO

Meme King
LOL!
Man, I just absolutely hate finishing drywall. I'm no good at it and it's one of those things that I refuse to do anymore. I found a local guy named, I shit you not, "Drywall Dan". He's reasonable, shows up, and I don't have to do it.

I so rarely do it, I just can't pay someone else. But if I were doing a whole house or larger project, I would totally pay someone else. It's a royal pain in the ass.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
No primer yet. We'll do it tomorrow. There isn't a single step of drywall that is fun. It blows. I literally thumb tacked drop cloths to the ceiling to create an entire covid containment room for the dust. Dust still ended up migrating to the floor level above. Sucks. I spent 2 hours dusting and vacuuming everything. So glad to be done with this shit.

Maybe next time try one of these. This is new to me. I've used the hand held sanding block with hose attachment through a 5 gallon bucket of water attached to a shopvac. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before. For the price of this thing I would definitely give one a try.
Snap104.png

WJCO

Meme King
Maybe next time try one of these. This is new to me. I've used the hand held sanding block with hose attachment through a 5 gallon bucket of water attached to a shopvac. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before. For the price of this thing I would definitely give one a try.
View attachment 359127

I was looking at those about a week ago. Not sure about buying one and storing it but I definitely considered it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was looking at those about a week ago. Not sure about buying one and storing it but I definitely considered it.

I bought one... a porter cable... used it once or twice... ended up giving it away because I was tired of trying to find a place for it. The broom handle style sanders work just fine for the occasional drywaller.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Fixing a shitty drywall repair from the previous owner. Apparently the previous owners daughter slipped and grabbed the towel rack to catch herself a week before we got the house. Turned out pretty good even with the aerosol texture. Didn’t want to break out the hopper for such a small repair but kind of wish I would have. I doubt most people would spot the difference but I do.

IMG_8670.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8677.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

Top Bottom