Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
Fixing a shitty drywall repair from the previous owner. Apparently the previous owners daughter slipped and grabbed the towel rack to catch herself a week before we got the house. Turned out pretty good even with the aerosol texture. Didn’t want to break out the hopper for such a small repair but kind of wish I would have. I doubt most people would spot the difference but I do.

Looks great. Perfect match, IMO.

JKbrick

Plumber came out Saturday and installed the drains. Looks like they'll be able to start the cement tomorrow!

View attachment 359233
View attachment 359234 View attachment 359235 View attachment 359236 View attachment 359237

Also did a second round of termite/carpenter ant treatment. Don't need any of those fuckers finding their way in. [emoji15]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Awesome, things will go quick after the slab is poured

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Plumber came out Saturday and installed the drains. Looks like they'll be able to start the cement tomorrow!

View attachment 359233
View attachment 359234 View attachment 359235 View attachment 359236 View attachment 359237

Also did a second round of termite/carpenter ant treatment. Don't need any of those fuckers finding their way in. [emoji15]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Looking better all the time!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Looks great. Perfect match, IMO.

Thanks. Was kind of a weird patch. Put a 1/2” patch in a 1/2” wall but the new drywall was just slightly thinner. Never seen that before and have done quite a bit of sheetrock. Have you ever run across that? And no, the existing wasn’t 5/8’s. Lol. It was just like the paper was thicker on each side of the existing so my patch sat less than flush. Not a big deal to skim the patch though since it was so small.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks. Was kind of a weird patch. Put a 1/2” patch in a 1/2” wall but the new drywall was just slightly thinner. Never seen that before and have done quite a bit of sheetrock. Have you ever run across that? And no, the existing wasn’t 5/8’s. Lol. It was just like the paper was thicker on each side of the existing so my patch sat less than flush. Not a big deal to skim the patch though since it was so small.

Instead of using backing like that ever try cutting a piece 1.5" larger than the hole then cutting and breaking off the excess leaving just the paper? Pop it in and finish over top?

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Instead of using backing like that ever try cutting a piece 1.5" larger than the hole then cutting and breaking off the excess leaving just the paper? Pop it in and finish over top?

That’s also what I did to avoid taping the seams. But since a towel rack is going to screw into the patch I didn’t want to rely only on paper and mud to hold it in.

I’ve done it, and I don’t like it. Had to skim pretty far to get it leveled. Also I sick at drywall so maybe I just suck at that too.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Fixing a shitty drywall repair from the previous owner. Apparently the previous owners daughter slipped and grabbed the towel rack to catch herself a week before we got the house. Turned out pretty good even with the aerosol texture. Didn’t want to break out the hopper for such a small repair but kind of wish I would have. I doubt most people would spot the difference but I do.

View attachment 359229

View attachment 359230

View attachment 359231

View attachment 359232

Very nice!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

View attachment 359229

View attachment 359230

View attachment 359231

View attachment 359232

Great looking repair. From the pics I dont see the difference. Texture can be cool. Can be an enemy also. Just did a bathroom remodel( contractor did) the ceiling had popcorn texture from the 80s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom