Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

For sure. Maybe someday when all my work is done I’ll get one. lol
I see used ones come up from time to time and some are even kind of nice with a lot of implements but they are still pretty pricey.

You probably know this but CASE/International/New Holland is moving their manufacturing to Mexico so maybe they'll be more affordable LOL

I see used ones come up from time to time and some are even kind of nice with a lot of implements but they are still pretty pricey.

You probably know this but CASE/International/New Holland is moving their manufacturing to Mexico so maybe they'll be more affordable LOL
I didn’t know that. I’m in Deere country here. I’m torn between a tractor and a skid steer anyway. I’m leaning more toward skid steer for the income opportunities over a tractor. We’ll see. Maybe next year.

Square bales? Around here everyone does round bales nd leaves them outside. Seems to waste a fair amount but stacking those round bales gets tough.

Square bales? Around here everyone does round bales nd leaves them outside. Seems to waste a fair amount but stacking those round bales gets tough.
Yeah all square bales. I personally like round bales but with horses It’s a pain unspooling the bales with a pitch fork and distributing it. Tends to unwind & make a mess. And putting a whole round bale outside with them is different than with cows, unless you have a bunch of them. They tend to waste it and it can go bad.

Are you rigging up any irrigation?
Not yet. We’ll see how long that lasts.

I have an IBC tote next to the greenhouse which is right there and water is only 125ish feet away so not too bad. I would like to try and make it through this year without and then add it in the spring when there is nothing in the ground.

Not yet. We’ll see how long that lasts.

I have an IBC tote next to the greenhouse which is right there and water is only 125ish feet away so not too bad. I would like to try and make it through this year without and then add it in the spring when there is nothing in the ground.
I used to just set up broadcast sprinklers but I’m going to use that cheap drip tubing off of Amazon on a timer. We hang a bunch of hanging baskets off of the porch and I tried it out a couple years ago x& it works great. Just put tees in where you want a drop. For ground they have the perf tubing. timer runs on batteries so you set & forget.

I used to just set up broadcast sprinklers but I’m going to use that cheap drip tubing off of Amazon on a timer. We hang a bunch of hanging baskets off of the porch and I tried it out a couple years ago x& it works great. Just put tees in where you want a drop. For ground they have the perf tubing. timer runs on batteries so you set & forget.
I’ll have to give it a look.

Top Bottom