Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Jsouder53

Hooked
With all that prep don’t cheap out on paint. I have been working on my fascia boards and parts are 20+ feet up. I went with Shewin Williams highest end paint with a lifetime warranty. I will never use cheap paint again as the application is so much better than cheap paint I’ve used in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely, when doing home renovations I went through several different paint brands and definitely stuck with Sherwin Williams.

black pearl

Hooked
With all that prep don’t cheap out on paint. I have been working on my fascia boards and parts are 20+ feet up. I went with Shewin Williams highest end paint with a lifetime warranty. I will never use cheap paint again as the application is so much better than cheap paint I’ve used in the past.

Oh yeah I’m going all in on this one! We have a few high spots also and with the new metal roof, I can’t paint over the edge. So lots of scaffolding and latter work.

She will have another one next year!

She’ll only go for that one once. So I’m saving it 🤣

Jsouder53

Hooked
A couple of our chickens started laying eggs recently including our Easter Egger! IMG_4544.jpg minus the brown egg, that was just leftover from a carton.

WJCO

Meme King
Fuck that. I’ve done that and hated every second of it. Came out half assed too. Paid a pro to do it the next time around and it was amazing. Yours looks good though.

Lol. Thanks for the encouragement. I've watched about 5 years of YouTube videos so I'm officially certified.

Honestly, anything is better than what we had. I repaired the large cracks months ago. We degreased and acid etched it on Wed and left heaters running for two days to make sure it was dry and warm. I told my wife this would be a several day project. We took it slow. And honestly for 150 bucks, it is what it is. I don't think we could have prepped it any better so if it peels, so be it.

I looked into the professional stuff as well. I could watch those videos for hours, very satisfying. They do sweet work. But very time-consuming and $$$$$$ with some of their stuff.

I am looking forward to walking on it with socks and being comfortable laying down while working on the Jeeps.

WJCO

Meme King
You must be sitting in your garage, smoking a cigar, admiring your work. As you should.... looks good.

I wish. I am enjoying a cigar though. Can't walk on it for over 12 hours. And drive on it for 3 days. Going to be a painful few days. Then I gotta move all my shit back in too.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I wish. I am enjoying a cigar though. Can't walk on it for over 12 hours. And drive on it for 3 days. Going to be a painful few days. Then I gotta move all my shit back in too.

No shit... I figured the Epoxy dried faster that. I like the blue chips.. will go well with the WJ & JT. [emoji1417]

WJCO

Meme King
No shit... I figured the Epoxy dried faster that.

This was a 2 part epoxy mix, but it was really basic and cheap. Other epoxys may dry faster :idontknow: . But it was drying visually pretty damn quick. Concrete was 82F and I would roll the epoxy on and my wife was doing the chips. At first we were doing row by row and it was drying too fast for the chips to stick, you could actually see the color difference. So we stuck to 4' x 4' squares instead of rows. I'm still going to wait a few days to drive on it. After all that work, I don't want to risk fucking it up.

I like the blue chips.. will go well with the WJ & JT. [emoji1417]

Me too. I wasn't too sure with the blue at first but I told my wife the same thing. Perfect match for the truck.

This was a 2 part epoxy mix, but it was really basic and cheap. Other epoxys may dry faster :idontknow: . But it was drying visually pretty damn quick. Concrete was 82F and I would roll the epoxy on and my wife was doing the chips. At first we were doing row by row and it was drying too fast for the chips to stick, you could actually see the color difference. So we stuck to 4' x 4' squares instead of rows. I'm still going to wait a few days to drive on it. After all that work, I don't want to risk fucking it up.

Me too. I wasn't too sure with the blue at first but I told my wife the same thing. Perfect match for the truck.

Get her to let you paint down a big ass WAYALIFE emblem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Testing out the new floor. Over 20 degrees cooler in here than outside since we insulated it. Fucking hot out today.

IMG_20190902_155825.jpg

IMG_20190902_161515.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom