Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

JKbrick

Yeah SB's are pretty darn handy. Looks like the perfect solution for the leak you've got there, WJCO! We started out using them very sparingly but have begun to use them more and more now that we've seen their success rate. As long as they're installed correctly for the material they seem to hold up well. We still won't use them where they'll be permanently covered. Vendor is actually trying to get us to try out the new SB Evopex fittings designed for new construction. They don't have the slip collar so they are permanent connections. Curious to see what their lifetime durability will be.

Those things are really hard to push on, they seem legit but like you I don’t bury shark bite fittings in walls or ceilings. I do love me some pro press though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Another fricking leak started today. Copper this time. I know jkbrick can appreciate the major convenience of these sharkbite fittings. I seriously didn't buy them because I'm lazy. I just didn't want to sweat the pipe on the back and risk melting the electrical line nor the plastic sprinkler line underneath. These things are still badass.

View attachment 307972

Am I seeing 3 couplings and a 90 on the piece you cut out? Holy Toledo

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Those things are really hard to push on, they seem legit but like you I don’t bury shark bite fittings in walls or ceilings. I do love me some pro press though

I only use shark bite’s for a temporary fix if the water won’t stop running and there is no way to sweat. Replaced a bunch of leaking pro press fittings recently, not sure what was up with that... I still prefer sweat.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I did that week before last. She has this big, touchscreen TV. It has YouTube. Guess what I was watching. Wayalife videos!

Hahaha that’s certainly one way to pass the time while working on projects in the classroom.

Very Cool!

It was definitely blessing to finally hear back from this school, it was taking them a while and getting too close to the beginning of the school year to find any other job.

WJCO

Meme King
Am I seeing 3 couplings and a 90 on the piece you cut out? Holy Toledo

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know jack shit about plumbing really, but it looked to me like it had been worked on multiple times before or some jackass didn't know how to measure. This is the main line leaving the house toward the sprinklers. We had sprinklers running for a week before this line leaked. It was leaking from one of those coupling seams.

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah SB's are pretty darn handy. Looks like the perfect solution for the leak you've got there, WJCO! We started out using them very sparingly but have begun to use them more and more now that we've seen their success rate. As long as they're installed correctly for the material they seem to hold up well. We still won't use them where they'll be permanently covered. Vendor is actually trying to get us to try out the new SB Evopex fittings designed for new construction. They don't have the slip collar so they are permanent connections. Curious to see what their lifetime durability will be.

Seems they were widely used in prefab homes and trailers before PEX began being used in residential. The old couplings like that always failed. I spent a lot of time under the double wide here at the station. I'm curious about their life expectancy too.

Helping my wife move into her new classroom! View attachment 308013 she will be teaching first grade this year

I did that last year when my wife had to switch classrooms. I built her a back pack holder and a teacher this year asked me to build her one, so I did. She began talking and now I have orders stacking up..haha.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know jack shit about plumbing really, but it looked to me like it had been worked on multiple times before or some jackass didn't know how to measure. This is the main line leaving the house toward the sprinklers. We had sprinklers running for a week before this line leaked. It was leaking from one of those coupling seams.

I've had drip line do that. It could be caused from water hammer, especially if the system hadn't been run for some time then was getting a lot of use. Must be an older home if copper is being run for irrigation.

WJCO

Meme King
I've had drip line do that. It could be caused from water hammer, especially if the system hadn't been run for some time then was getting a lot of use. Must be an older home if copper is being run for irrigation.

This is the main copper line that leaves the inside of the house and goes to the vacuum breaker. Everything after that is pcv. But I definitely think it had something to do with the lack of use. Sprinklers have been off for 8+ years and we've been using them every other day now since we got the place a couple of weeks ago. We've changed 7-8 heads and this is now the 4th underground leak. This is the first one upstream from the vacuum breaker though. This one just started yesterday though. The line has been pressurized for a week but decided to pop yesterday.

JKbrick

You use PEX commercially yet? How bout the Mega press on steel pipe?

Yes commercial and large homes I use Uponor for the better flow rates and being available up to 2” and from what I’ve seen 3” and 4”. I did a nursing home in 09 that had 4” copper mains and I pro pressed all that. I’ve done mega press for air lines in a waste management recycling center and for gas lines. Saves so much labor

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Top Bottom