Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
That’s coming along fast!

That’s looking great!

Room looks great

Thanks guys.

Yeah I was struggling with mine and called a drywall guy to texture and finish it up. He pulled one of those out and I was like "son of a bitch!" If I knew those existed I would have had to call you...haha.

Being that it had been many years since I did drywall, I watched a lot of videos on YouTube prior to this project and one of the guys had one of these. I purposefully tried without it at first and it just wasn't happening. Along with that, I learned so many tips and tricks from some of the contractors I watched that I've certainly altered a lot of what I originally learned years ago.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks guys.

Being that it had been many years since I did drywall, I watched a lot of videos on YouTube prior to this project and one of the guys had one of these. I purposefully tried without it at first and it just wasn't happening. Along with that, I learned so many tips and tricks from some of the contractors I watched that I've certainly altered a lot of what I originally learned years ago.
Yeah the damn corner of the knife kept digging in and creating a stupid line. So frustrating. The guy who came and finished it for me made one pass with his contour trowel and was done. I think that was almost more frustrating to have done 95% of the work...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Elroy231

desertrunner

Got the first piece all finished up and ready for the sealing oil. Turned out awesome I'm really happy with it.
The second piece is giving me hell though. Of course my wife wanted a circle. Making a circle jig for my router and trying to get things right is tedious let alone my router bits aren't long enough. May have to suck it up and use the jig saw which doesnt sound fun either. I already snapped one straight cut bit by being sloppy on OSB I'm worried a 3" straight bit going through hardwood is going to yeild the same result unless I run it 20 times around a fraction at a time. 20200429_145200.jpg 20200429_174600.jpg 20200429_174611.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Got the first piece all finished up and ready for the sealing oil. Turned out awesome I'm really happy with it.
The second piece is giving me hell though. Of course my wife wanted a circle. Making a circle jig for my router and trying to get things right is tedious let alone my router bits aren't long enough. May have to suck it up and use the jig saw which doesnt sound fun either. I already snapped one straight cut bit by being sloppy on OSB I'm worried a 3" straight bit going through hardwood is going to yeild the same result unless I run it 20 times around a fraction at a time. View attachment 346399 View attachment 346400 View attachment 346401

That looks great!

desertrunner

That looks great!
Thanks! This one I have about 15 hours into that one but I was using some tools I haven't used before and it was a bit of a learning process. In hindsight I think I would have skipped using a little home planer, just glue em up and taken it to the hardwood place to plane them. Would have saved some prep time.

Elroy231

The second piece is giving me hell though. Of course my wife wanted a circle. Making a circle jig for my router and trying to get things right is tedious let alone my router bits aren't long enough. May have to suck it up and use the jig saw which doesnt sound fun either. I already snapped one straight cut bit by being sloppy on OSB I'm worried a 3" straight bit going through hardwood is going to yeild the same result unless I run it 20 times around a fraction at a time. View attachment 346399 View attachment 346400 View attachment 346401

Looking nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I remember making those in high school woodshop for gifts. Usually rounded off the corners and put Formica on one side. Nice work! [emoji106]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

buenavides1

This project will keep me busy every night and on the weekend.
Hoping that the guns at home will be organized once this storage is finish.

Attachments

• DIY HG.jpg
    DIY HG.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom