Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I had some water make its way to the basement during the last storm. Found that the south facing side of my chimney had a bunch of rot. Got rid of what I could yesterday so I can put it back together today.

IMG_7743.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This evenings project is to eradicate a yellow jacket nest. Only photo I have is my swollen wrist, from being stung when I found it. View attachment 310154

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My Dad’s non-environmentalist approved method, is to put a small amount of gasoline in a Coke bottle. After sunset, when they settle down, he pours it into the hole and stops the hole up with the Coke bottle.

dytrdr5

Working towards turning this M1102 trailer into my camping set up, waiting on some base plates that are being cut for me and then I’ll weld up the base plates to hold the rack in place for the roof top.
tent IMG_6092.JPG 55563895961__B65BDEE9-90C7-4C39-AC98-E2C56C7C3C3C.JPG

longarmwj

Drew wanted a project car so he bought a 350z that had been sitting under a tree for about two years. Guy stopped driving it because he said the motor was knocking. Got it back to his house, cleaned it, put a new battery in it and cranked it up. No motor knock at all. Just some lifter tick. Changed the oil after running a seafoam treatment through it and it ran quiet as a mouse. All it needs is a new window regulator for both sides, a new release for the hatch, and figure out why the AC fan runs CONSTANTLY even when it’s set to off. Before and after cleaning pics below.
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg

Ruvicon

So I bought a 75” big screen TV and now needed an entertainment center to go with it. Started with this old dresser:
Image1536538574.283826.jpg

And here it is now:
Image1536538610.812197.jpg

Now I’m making bookshelves to go on each side:
Image1536538650.320017.jpg

Now my wife wants me to add doors to the bottom section of each bookshelf. I just want to get these done and out my my garage, ugh [emoji58].

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Drew wanted a project car so he bought a 350z that had been sitting under a tree for about two years. Guy stopped driving it because he said the motor was knocking. Got it back to his house, cleaned it, put a new battery in it and cranked it up. No motor knock at all. Just some lifter tick. Changed the oil after running a seafoam treatment through it and it ran quiet as a mouse. All it needs is a new window regulator for both sides, a new release for the hatch, and figure out why the AC fan runs CONSTANTLY even when it’s set to off. Before and after cleaning pics below.
View attachment 310202
View attachment 310203

Damn looks good. Sounds like a good deal. Those headlights could use some restoration. If you lived in Cali I know a guy...haha. Even if it did have a knock I'd drive it until it quit running not just park it indefinitely.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Damn looks good. Sounds like a good deal. Those headlights could use some restoration. If you lived in Cali I know a guy...haha. Even if it did have a knock I'd drive it until it quit running not just park it indefinitely.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The headlights are BAD. To the point where it would probably be easier to just get new ones and slap them in.

The motor was super strong honestly. We took it up and down the road (very briefly with no tag or insurance lol) and it pulled super strong. I think the guy we got it from literally had no idea about cars whatsoever and took lifter tick as rod knock and just gave up on it. I’m sure as we dig through it we will find more and more small issues. The driver side window is top priority though. It doesn’t seal all the way so two years of rain and shit has ruined the interior. The seats were green with mold which we got most of up, but I think an entire interior rip apart and steam clean is in order because mold spreads fast and far.

So I bought a 75” big screen TV and now needed an entertainment center to go with it. Started with this old dresser:
View attachment 310204

And here it is now:
View attachment 310205

Now I’m making bookshelves to go on each side:
View attachment 310207

Now my wife wants me to add doors to the bottom section of each bookshelf. I just want to get these done and out my my garage, ugh [emoji58].

That entertainment center came out great!

Top Bottom