Random Photos

Bierpower

Hooked
View attachment 344065

I got 3 spinners on here. Any tips? I think I’ve exhausted all options that I’m familiar with. Fuck. My. Life.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
That's sucks, I had over half of mine spin or break off when I did my rear corners. Spent a day cutting and drilling them all out and then started again. The second time I ran a tap through each nutsert after installing to clean up all the threads. After that I had no more issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Ughhh, and you can’t back the screws out?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I got 2 of the 3 out. There’s no way I can get the last one without cutting it off. Lots of lessons learned on this project... also reminders of basic mechanic habits that I seemed to have forgotten, like putting a screw in or chasing threads before putting the actual component on.

If you wedge something under the screw head while you're trying to back it out you may be able to get them loose that way. You may be able to re-crimp the nutsert by adjusting the crimp depth screw if you're careful.
Are all 3 on the same side? I do have one on mine that's loose and I just left it that way. 3 though, you may want to at least get a couple tightened.

Thanks. Yeah they’re all on the same side. I haven’t even started the other side yet.. I’d like to get at least one more in... though I’m thinking I’ll need to cut the last bolt off, take the whole thing apart again, and somehow drill the nutserts out... oh and hope the other ones don’t get messed up somehow. lol.

That's sucks, I had over half of mine spin or break off when I did my rear corners. Spent a day cutting and drilling them all out and then started again. The second time I ran a tap through each nutsert after installing to clean up all the threads. After that I had no more issues.

How did you drill them out if they’re spinning?

jesse3638

Hooked
I got 2 of the 3 out. There’s no way I can get the last one without cutting it off. Lots of lessons learned on this project... also reminders of basic mechanic habits that I seemed to have forgotten, like putting a screw in or chasing threads before putting the actual component on.

Thanks. Yeah they’re all on the same side. I haven’t even started the other side yet.. I’d like to get at least one more in... though I’m thinking I’ll need to cut the last bolt off, take the whole thing apart again, and somehow drill the nutserts out... oh and hope the other ones don’t get messed up somehow. lol.

I've got a spinner on mine and it was slightly off so it cross threaded. Which is actually what caused it to spin. I left it alone. Since its counter sunk the only way for me to get it off would be to use a dremel with cutting and grinding wheels. I see it taking me a long time to get the head small enough it'll slip through my armor. This is why I left it..haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked

I drilled the ones that broke off and cut the ones that were spinning. Most of them the head was out just far enough I could get a blade behind them. It was by no means a quick or easy process but the second time around it worked really well.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you only have one spinner I would leave it. Not worth it.

^ This. If you can get the bolt out, I’d cut the shaft off and then RTV the head onto the skins so everything looks good. That’s what I did anyway.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
^ This. If you can get the bolt out, I’d cut the shaft off and then RTV the head onto the skins so everything looks good. That’s what I did anyway.

I might just do this on the two I got out and hope I don’t take a hit. Lol. I’m in way over my head on this thing already. And I haven’t even started the other side yet.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
What a Mess!!!

Was going out for a late night snack last night. Jumped in and started her up, sat there a minute fiddling with the radio (thought I heard something strange while fiddling with the radio) Threw it in reverse and nothing, Shut it down and tried again and nothing. Like what the hell. Jump out to investigate and find this.:eek: Trans cooler line popped off. What a fucking mess :icon_crazy: 20200326_234847.jpg

Was going out for a late night snack last night. Jumped in and started her up, sat there a minute fiddling with the radio (thought I heard something strange while fiddling with the radio) Threw it in reverse and nothing, Shut it down and tried again and nothing. Like what the hell. Jump out to investigate and find this.:eek: Trans cooler line popped off. What a fucking mess :icon_crazy: View attachment 344299

At least its clean, nothing smells worse than burnt ATF

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Was going out for a late night snack last night. Jumped in and started her up, sat there a minute fiddling with the radio (thought I heard something strange while fiddling with the radio) Threw it in reverse and nothing, Shut it down and tried again and nothing. Like what the hell. Jump out to investigate and find this.:eek: Trans cooler line popped off. What a fucking mess :icon_crazy: View attachment 344299

That was your jeeps way of telling you to stay home.

jdofmemi

On the bright side, better in the driveway than out on the road.

wjtstudios

Hooked

Definitely better to happen in the garage. Sucks about the mess though!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom