Random Photos

Ddays

Hooked
Maybe serpentine stone. Not positive. Its coll tho. Dig the old architecture.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Never heard of that stone - I'll have to look it up.

No but it is beautiful. They don’t build them like they used too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Truth there. This was build in 1813 :crazyeyes:
So many cool old buildings & houses. Same in your neck of the woods too.

wjtstudios

Hooked

For sure. I’m lucky enough to be attempting to replicate one for one of my clients. Just a small guest house, but matching the details of the main house. The cost are insane for 2,600 SF. I count imaging the cost to recreate his 20k SF house built in the 20s.

IMG_2393.jpg

We’ve had 12 masons on site 5 days a week chipping stone since August and they are still not done. It really is a lost art.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

Great stone work. Looks super sharp. Always a nice touch over traditional siding options. Be ready to come out them pockets for sure!!!
For sure. I’m lucky enough to be attempting to replicate one for one of my clients. Just a small guest house, but matching the details of the main house. The cost are insane for 2,600 SF. I count imaging the cost to recreate his 20k SF house built in the 20s.

View attachment 340113

We’ve had 12 masons on site 5 days a week chipping stone since August and they are still not done. It really is a lost art.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

I e always been fond of the buildings of the 1800s
Whether the lumber barons old home or the business tycoon in the city or the old colleges and universities. The materials we use now dont stand the test of time that makes these old structures so alluring.

jdofmemi

View attachment 340113

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That is mind boggling. Quick math says you are approaching 10,000 man hours, just on stonework🤯🤯

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

View attachment 340113

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That’s incredible... not only the cost but the workmanship of building something like that. I’m not in the “biz” but man I can’t imagine spending so much time on a project for something you don’t even get to enjoy when it’s done. Huge props to all of you. It really is an art that many don’t appreciate anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s incredible... not only the cost but the workmanship of building something like that. I’m not in the “biz” but man I can’t imagine spending so much time on a project for something you don’t even get to enjoy when it’s done. Huge props to all of you. It really is an art that many don’t appreciate anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thank you, I couldn’t create these projects without people that are as passionate about the details as I am. It takes all of us.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked

View attachment 340113

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I love seeing the stone masons chipping away. Such a cool art! I can’t look for too long or I’ll end up with a piece in my eye tho [emoji23]

Top Bottom