Rausch Creek 09/20/14

JKFlyer

Put me down as a maybe ladies! Time for me to get dirty again...just have to decide as it gets a bit closer

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

Put me down as a maybe ladies! Time for me to get dirty again...just have to decide as it gets a bit closer

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds good, and ya i know it is a little ways out but i figured that it would give people the best chance to make things happen if they need time to work out at weekend off!

P.S. Also if we have at least 10 jeeps i will have a pretty cool give away!

maxcustody

I am new to the site and new when it comes to wheeling. I have never been to Rausch and would love the opportunity to learn all the basics.............Are there camping options? Is it just all day Saturday then head out Sunday? I think I am about 4 hours from there..........thanks

I am new to the site and new when it comes to wheeling. I have never been to Rausch and would love the opportunity to learn all the basics.............Are there camping options? Is it just all day Saturday then head out Sunday? I think I am about 4 hours from there..........thanks

Max there are camping options. They offer primitive camping onsite, and then there are nicer camp ground just outside the park.
We'll be arriving Friday, and leaving Sunday.

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

There are two camp grounds that i know of, one is close to rausch creek and the other is near the hotel we are staying! As of right now it is just a Saturday event from 8am to 6pm!

Here is the link to all the camp grounds/hotels in the area!

http://rc4x4.org/park-information/camping-lodging/

Let me know if you have any other question or if i can help in anyway!

Last edited:

scull20

I'll throw my hat into the ring with a solid maybe as one of the new (novice) faces with a stock rig (JKUR)!

EDIT: I picked up a tow strap to keep in the back a few weeks ago, I'll be installing a CB within the next week...I've got tools I can bring along as well. Are there any requirements to bring along for this run?

-Ryan

Last edited:

noroad

I'll throw my hat into the ring with a solid maybe as one of the new (novice) faces with a stock rig (JKUR)!

EDIT: I picked up a tow strap to keep in the back a few weeks ago, I'll be installing a CB within the next week...I've got tools I can bring along as well. Are there any requirements to bring along for this run?

-Ryan

I would just say a CB would be the only (recommended only) and that is for safety reason, cell phones dont work all the time in the woods! other then that i dont have any for this trip, this is set up so that people can come and learn what they might need on the tails. if you have a tow strap and tool you would like to bring by all means but i no way are we making people go out and buy things! Steve can also jump in if he thinks something else shoulg be a requirment for the trip. Thinks to think about tho are armor and recovery gear, if one is looking to get stuff before leaving.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would just say a CB would be the only and that is for safety reason, cell phones dont work all the time in the woods! other then that i dont have any for this trip, this is set up so that pweople can come and learn what they might need on the tails. if you have a tow strap and tool you would like to bring by all means but i no way are we making people go out and buy things! Steve can also jump in if he thinks something else shoulg be a requirment for the trip. Thinks to think about tho are armor and recovery gear, if one is looking to get stuff before leaving.

I may contradict you here a bit lol but I would say that a CB is strongly recommended but not required. If you don't have one you will prob miss out on some funny conversations and some learning question and answers. Other than that other people will have recovery gear and stuff if needed. Since it's a "101" class just showing up and learning is required in my book. Yes bring tools just in case anything happens

noroad

I may contradict you here a bit lol but I would say that a CB is strongly recommended but not required. If you don't have one you will prob miss out on some funny conversations and some learning question and answers. Other than that other people will have recovery gear and stuff if needed. Since it's a "101" class just showing up and learning is required in my book. Yes bring tools just in case anything happens

Sounds good to me!

scull20

Sounds like a plan!

dannymalkin

I am definitely a maybe! I have some off roading experience but never been to RC yet! Sounds like a good group to learn the trails with.

Top Bottom