Rausch Creek 5/18-19/2013

How many people want to do the brewery tour or just go wheeling all day both days?

• Tour

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No Tour

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikefishes

Ok we are in for sure. We would love to tour the brewery as well. Pretty sure we will camp, unless it is super cold or rainy, in which case the lady will almost certainly grab a hotel.

Lane87

Ok we are in for sure. We would love to tour the brewery as well. Pretty sure we will camp, unless it is super cold or rainy, in which case the lady will almost certainly grab a hotel.

Awesome! I was thinking maybe we could meet up at Rausch on Saturday around 8am, wheel all day, camp, wake up and hit up the brewery tour then wheel the rest of Sunday.. What do you think?

Lane87

If you're taking hwy 15 up we could meet in Thurmont, MD and caravan up. Anyone else come from the south too.

Tackerdown

Banned
How close is the brewery and how long is the tour . I always wanted to check that place out. There Black & Tan and Porter was the first beer that got ne into full flavored beer.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Lane87

Tour Information and Guidelines-

*Monday-Friday the tours leave promptly at the scheduled times.
*Saturday tours are very crowded. The first tour will go out at 11:00 and the last tour will go out at 1:00.
*The noon tour may leave before or after the intended hour, depending on the amount of people. Yuengling tour guides will
share with you the history of America’s Oldest Brewery and detailed information regarding the brewing process, however
there is no production on Saturday’s.
*Tours last approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
*All ages are welcome. A valid ID is required to sample Yuengling products at the end of the tour. There is soda available for those under
the age of 21 and visitors who prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
*All tour visitors must wear completely closed shoes. No sandals, flip flops, clogs, Crocs, anything with openings around your foot is
unacceptable, must be a completely closed shoe.
*Pets are not permitted.
*Photographs are allowed. Video cameras, recorders or cell phones are permitted.
*Unfortunately, due to the age of the facility, the building is not handicapped accessible.
*Tourists are required to go up and down approximately 120 steps while on the tour. It is important for tourists with health
problems to be aware of this when deciding to tour the facility. The steps are not all in the same building, and there are
breaks along the way.

Group Tours-

*Reservations are required for groups of 15 or more. Group tour dates are scheduled in advance at a nominal fee. Call (570) 628-4890

http://www.yuengling.com/breweries/pottsville/2013/05/

Last edited:

Lane87

They don't do tours on Sundays so it looks like we'll have to do the tour on Saturday.. That is unless Hinrichs can pull some strings and get us through Sunday..

Would you guys rather meet up and do the tour first on Saturday or wheel then hit up the last tour at 1 pm Saturday?

If we get 15 or more I can call and reserve a tour time..

Last edited:

Lane87

How close is the brewery and how long is the tour . I always wanted to check that place out. There Black & Tan and Porter was the first beer that got ne into full flavored beer.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

According to Google maps it's 26 minutes away from Rausch Creek and takes an hour and 15 minutes.

Tackerdown

Banned
More than likely we will be doing Sunday. I hope to Do sat. Night and Sunday but I'll have to figure out something for camping. I think my bro has some camping stuff .

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Lane87

More than likely we will be doing Sunday. I hope to Do sat. Night and Sunday but I'll have to figure out something for camping. I think my bro has some camping stuff .

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

if you can get a tent we should be able to share a camping spot..

Tackerdown

Banned
if you can get a tent we should be able to share a camping spot..

Cool. Saturday I have a fundraiser golf outing with my middle son and I think its an early t time so there Is a pretty good chance I can make it sat night.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Trembley

Alrighty Lane...

I'm 100% go for this one since I missed the SnG run. I cleared it through work and the boss at home!

I'm down for camping Sat night at Echo Valley, let me know if I need to call and reserve and I'll take care of it ASAP or we can figure out how to get us in the same general area or whatever.

I'm down for the tour as well, it might be tough to stop wheeling and head out to go at 1:00 pm though if the weather is really nice...we might want to hit the first tour on Sat...then go wheel or do the Sunday tour thing if the strings can get pulled lol!

Gonna check with my buddy and see if he wants to come down, it's his birthday weekend so we'll see!

I'm just excited for my first wheeling trip of the season!

Ben

mikefishes

This is for all of you guys. We are interested in camping as well. We should try and get a couple of sites near each other. We are OK with whatever you guys decide about the brewery tour. I agree it may be tough to stop wheeling to go take a tour, but we are easy and we'll do whatever the group decides on.

We're looking forward to meeting all of you guys!

Mike and Shannon

Lane87

I'm down for doing the tour first thing on Saturday if you guys think that's best.. I agree about getting off the trail just for the tour. We don't have to do the tour necessarily, I just thought it would be cool..

Once we figure out how many campers we'll have at Echo I'll call and try to reserve some spots.

Top Bottom