Rausch Creek- June 29/30

I should be rolling in right around 6:30 on Friday Night....let's hope we get decent weather and can rock some nice cook out food right when I get there.....I can guarantee I will have beer in hand by 6:35 lol!!!!!!

So excited I could make this work so I could at least wheel all morning Sat. and some of the afternoon before I have to head out.

Cheers Fellas!

I should be rolling in right around 6:30 on Friday Night....let's hope we get decent weather and can rock some nice cook out food right when I get there.....I can guarantee I will have beer in hand by 6:35 lol!!!!!!

So excited I could make this work so I could at least wheel all morning Sat. and some of the afternoon before I have to head out.

Cheers Fellas!

If everything works out i will be about 2 hours behind you. If not i'll see you sat mornin'. glad to hear you can make it:beer::beer:

So am I not following you up there on Saturday morning

there was a small chance I could go early, but that got squashed by the girlfriend. We are still on for Saturday morning.

That would have been a dick move on my part. I do apologize for my momentary laps of retardedness.

Hope I didn't scare you.:beer:

there was a small chance I could go early, but that got squashed by the girlfriend. We are still on for Saturday morning.

That would have been a dick move on my part. I do apologize for my momentary laps of retardedness.

Hope I didn't scare you.:beer:

Scared me a little, I'm sure I'd find my way up, it's just easier following someone tho. No worries, I got a question on what to bring besides a tow strap? And also my wife wants to learn how to drive the jeep off road, she's excited to go as well! The last place I took her wheeling was down at fort Bragg in nc, she loved it.

Scared me a little, I'm sure I'd find my way up, it's just easier following someone tho. No worries, I got a question on what to bring besides a tow strap? And also my wife wants to learn how to drive the jeep off road, she's excited to go as well! The last place I took her wheeling was down at fort Bragg in nc, she loved it.

Tow strap
Tools to disconnect the sway bar links
Tire gauge and something to deflate--- you can use mine
Make sure your spare is good
Cooler with water

and maybe a tent, hang out for the night there will be plenty of good people to hang with.

Spare is fine, tools check, disconnect sway bars? Never done before. My tires have nitrogen in them....do they have a fill up there?

Spare is fine, tools check, disconnect sway bars? Never done before. My tires have nitrogen in them....do they have a fill up there?

disconnecting the front sway bar will give you more travel and help you wheel better.

far as the tires, I know they have an air station but not sure about the nitrogen.

So the guru's at weather.com say the forecast is now 50% chance of rain for Saturday at Rausch Creek.

Chance of fun Saturday: 100%

When are you heading up I'm close to harrisburg and will be leaving here at 7. on saturday morning .as for the nitrogen I have some in my van but never used it on a tire nor have fittings to do so. That said ive been wanting to do so, a 55 lb bottle filled is only 7$. I just don't know how much it takes to fill a tire. a full bottle is 2000 psi now you got my wheels spinning.:thinking:

When are you heading up I'm close to harrisburg and will be leaving here at 7. on saturday morning .as for the nitrogen I have some in my van but never used it on a tire nor have fittings to do so. That said ive been wanting to do so, a 55 lb bottle filled is only 7$. I just don't know how much it takes to fill a tire. a full bottle is 2000 psi now you got my wheels spinning.:thinking:

what is the fitting on your bottle? I may have a hose at work to take it to 1/4"npt and I have an air chuck to go on it.
let me know. We can get him aired down and back up safely.

395 Above & Below is a short video that WOLette put together that highlighs an end of summer excursion we did up the Ownes Valley along Highway 395. Along the way, we drove our Jeep JK Wrangler over a quarter mile down into the depths of the Reward Mine, visited the Manzanar Japaneese Internment Camp and then mad our way up to the top of the Sierra Nevada Mountains where we set up camp over at Funnel Lake. While we were there, we made our way up and over 11,000 feet to do some exploring along Coyote Ridge and to enjoy the outstanding views from up there.

I should be able to rig something up. It a 1/4" hose flair fitting . I hook my refrigerant hoses to it. On the same note he will be fine just using air.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

I should be able to rig something up. It a 1/4" hose flair fitting . I hook my refrigerant hoses to it. On the same note he will be fine just using air.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

How the hell did that happen I've never even seen that vid before. Weird.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

what is the fitting on your bottle? I may have a hose at work to take it to 1/4"npt and I have an air chuck to go on it.
let me know. We can get him aired down and back up safely.

Friday ill take it over to my buddies shop and get air put in it. It just seems like a hassle. When my wife takes the jeep to her work to get tires balanced and rotated, they only have nitrogen there. It might be good for the tires, but it's a huge hassle when it comes to other things

Top Bottom