Rausch Creek Suds-n-Grub Wheeling Weekend 4/20-21/13

Tackerdown

Banned
Oil pan skid is a must before my next trip with some of the trails you might lead me on to Tom lol

Sent from my iPhone
I'm thinking they did allot worse than i would have, at least by the sounds of the damage. lol
My biggest concern was my oil pan and I'm guessing due to its location and how I pick my lines its one of the only things I haven't hit. for now i'll go with the rear diff. because that seems to be the point that I have the least control over, then oil, control arm, and the shock mounts.I'm going to try and make some weld on skids this summer. I don't know how well it will go but it should be fun. as for the lift goes I'm happy with the 2.5 spacer BB lift. I'll be happy with that and 35's for a while. Hell it was under $200 and it only took me a few hrs. to install it.

Drayko88

I'm thinking they did allot worse than i would have, at least by the sounds of the damage. lol
My biggest concern was my oil pan and I'm guessing due to its location and how I pick my lines its one of the only things I haven't hit. for now i'll go with the rear diff. because that seems to be the point that I have the least control over, then oil, control arm, and the shock mounts.I'm going to try and make some weld on skids this summer. I don't know how well it will go but it should be fun. as for the lift goes I'm happy with the 2.5 spacer BB lift. I'll be happy with that and 35's for a while. Hell it was under $200 and it only took me a few hrs. to install it.

I saw you said a 2.5 bb and 35s. If you don't mind me asking do you have any rubbing at all. I want to go this route but I wanted to make sure the bb would be enough to clear 35s

Tackerdown

Banned
I saw you said a 2.5 bb and 35s. If you don't mind me asking do you have any rubbing at all. I want to go this route but I wanted to make sure the bb would be enough to clear 35s
Don't mind at all. That is My near future goal I don't have 35's yet. with stock wheels i'll need 1.5 inch wheel spacers due to the fact that most 34" and 35" tires are 12.5 inch wide and I'll have to trim the fenders as well then I should be good. Right now I just have the BB lift with the stock 32" tires.

Drayko88

Don't mind at all. That is My near future goal I don't have 35's yet. with stock wheels i'll need 1.5 inch wheel spacers due to the fact that most 34" and 35" tires are 12.5 inch wide and I'll have to trim the fenders as well then I should be good. Right now I just have the BB lift with the stock 32" tires.

Cool. I am planning to go the same route. Let me know how it is when you finally have the set up. I'd like to see how it turns out

Tackerdown

Banned
Cool. I am planning to go the same route. Let me know how it is when you finally have the set up. I'd like to see how it turns out
Will do but I am on the slow build line so it will more than likely be later than sooner. I'll be doing C gus First and that will be after I skid a few things. If you don't want to trim your fenders you could also do a 2.5" and a 1" body lift and be good to go. oh and proper wheel back spacing.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to do the bb but ended up with 2.5" coils instead...stock wheels w/ spacers and 35s...never got a chance to wheel it with the stock fenders tho but I really dont think I would have had any rubbing at all...deff dont with the flat fenders at all, and even the pinch seam isnt an issue however I still want to trim it...esp since im toying with the idea of 37s now.

Tackerdown

Banned
I was going to do the bb but ended up with 2.5" coils instead...stock wheels w/ spacers and 35s...never got a chance to wheel it with the stock fenders tho but I really dont think I would have had any rubbing at all...deff dont with the flat fenders at all, and even the pinch seam isnt an issue however I still want to trim it...esp since im toying with the idea of 37s now.
I have to say my son has a 4" RC lift that measures 4" and he runs 35" procomp a/t extreme tires and at full flex he hit his fender on the inside of the outer edge and broke off one of the supports in there but he may have a little more back spacing than say a stock with 1.5" it may be more like 1.75 with stock.

Lane87

If you're trying to get on 35s on a budget I would recommend doing a 2.5 BB, 15 inch rims with proper backspacing, and 35s. You can get five 15inch rims and 5 tires for the same price or less than five 35s for your stock 17 inch rims.. then you have to add the price of wheel spacers..

The only down fall I've found with going to 15s so far is that it's really hard to find 37s for 15 inch rims.. and Nitto doesn't make 35s for 15s..

If you don't ever plan to go to 37s this is the cheapest way to get on 35s.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good part tho is spacers are easy to fine used, well I think I paid like 120 or something for my set which id love to sell but may need them for the stock wheels if I have to run them again

I probably would have been fine with a BB as well since I only had around 3k on my suspension when I lifted it, but thought if I am going to do all the work to swap in spacers why not just pull the springs and replace.

Drayko88

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm glad to get a lot of different viewpoints. I'm on a pretty slow build myself. I think I'm gonna give the 35s on my stack 17s a shot with spacers cause I like having the options in tires (nitto, toyo, Mickey Thompson). And I'm gonna try the Bb and trimmed fenders. if it doesn't work ill just have to go bigger : )

Lane87

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm glad to get a lot of different viewpoints. I'm on a pretty slow build myself. I think I'm gonna give the 35s on my stack 17s a shot with spacers cause I like having the options in tires (nitto, toyo, Mickey Thompson). And I'm gonna try the Bb and trimmed fenders. if it doesn't work ill just have to go bigger : )

I'm probably going to trim my fenders too when i get my 35s later this year..

ninjaturtle13

I got a 4 ft Firestik I'm mounting on the tailgate. I bought the rugged ridge mount off amazon

I got the 4ft Firestik also. I got the teraflex spare tire mount but I'm a little concerned about the height of it when mounted. Let me know how yours goes.

Top Bottom