Ready to buy first Jeep

SteveS

I am ready to buy my Jeep but I was wondering what your opinions are. Would you recommend buying new to get all of the warranty and everything else that comes with new, or slightly used. There does not seem to be too much of a difference in price , or go for a JK that appears to be in good shape?

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Welcome to the forum,

I'll answer your question with a question, what do you want to get out of it honestly?

Daily driver?
Offroad machine?
Hotrod?
How many passengers?
Maintenance free mostly?
A project?
Some off-road but 99% pavement?
Rock crawler?
Trophy truck?
Overland? (AKA car camping and exploring new places)
Mall crawler (no off-roading but has the look)?
Grocery getter?
New hobby?

These are just some of the questions you should ask yourself before you commit to getting a jeep (or any new car). You're the one paying the bill and a Jeep can fit many different categories at the same time, but to give decent advice to a stranger some more information is needed.

Solid advice!

Upvote 0

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I am now a wrangler owner. I bought a 2023 Rubicon. Made the purchase at Elk Groove Jeep in California and drove it through the mountains over to Nevada. Tomorrow its walk in day at DMV, then it will be time to hit the trails. My wife is happy because we got the two door and the color she wanted (Earl Clear Coat). I was happy because I’m just that way ;-). Now its time to explore what Nevada has in store for us.
Thanks to you all for your comments, I look forward to seeing you all on the trails.

Congratulations! Let’s see some pics!

Upvote 0

Trailmunky67

I am ready to buy my Jeep but I was wondering what your opinions are. Would you recommend buying new to get all of the warranty and everything else that comes with new, or slightly used. There does not seem to be too much of a difference in price , or go for a JK that appears to be in good shape?
I absolutely LOVE my JLU! I have it built for daily driving and moderate to hard trails. I bought mine used with a warranty, but wished I went brand new. Be careful! They are the worlds most expensive LEGO kit Lol! I have as much in upgrades as I do the purchase price of the Jeep.

Upvote 0

JSFoster75

Congrats on the new Jeep, you are going to be hooked... :)

Upvote 0
Top Bottom