Rear adjustable control arms - which ones to get.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Yes I noticed it at same time. I'm ripping it all apart tonight. I highly doubt I twisted the housing on a trail 60 where I was wheeling.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I can't get a good picture at an angle that shows it. I measured the pinion angle with my digital gauge, it was 13 deg up. The housing isn't twisted because the bump stop pads and spring perches are up around the same. I yanked both the bottom control arms and the bushings are definitely tweaked some but not much. I'd say 1/8" maybe. I tried to recenter the bushings as best I could and got it down to maybe 11 deg up. Nothing looks bent anywhere. I've looked over everything 4 times. I ordered adjustable arms this am and will be here we'd so I'll try again them with new arms. I looked up into the uppers and again they don't look completely blown out or anything. I known even before wheeling the spring perches/bump stops were angled up but I didn't measure them as I had no vibration issues or anything. I'm guessing it is supposed to be only a few degrees up so the driveshaft is a straight shot so I have no idea why it's off.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I can't get a good picture at an angle that shows it. I measured the pinion angle with my digital gauge, it was 13 deg up. The housing isn't twisted because the bump stop pads and spring perches are up around the same. I yanked both the bottom control arms and the bushings are definitely tweaked some but not much. I'd say 1/8" maybe. I tried to recenter the bushings as best I could and got it down to maybe 11 deg up. Nothing looks bent anywhere. I've looked over everything 4 times. I ordered adjustable arms this am and will be here we'd so I'll try again them with new arms. I looked up into the uppers and again they don't look completely blown out or anything. I known even before wheeling the spring perches/bump stops were angled up but I didn't measure them as I had no vibration issues or anything. I'm guessing it is supposed to be only a few degrees up so the driveshaft is a straight shot so I have no idea why it's off.

If I'm correct the spring perches and bumpstop pads won't move only the pumpkin will twist if the welds gave way.

sent to you from sunny central Oregon!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Are you saying that you were able to get a 2° correction just from working on the bushings? Sounds to me like they need to be replaced.

If I'm correct the spring perches and bumpstop pads won't move only the pumpkin will twist if the welds gave way.

Trust me, on a Trail 60, the plug welds will not be giving away.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Correct. What I mean is if the pumpkin twisted it would be at a different angle then the spring perches / bump stops but it isn't. Also dynatrac actually knows how to rossette weld completely. You can also tell since it's painted through the one hole in pumpkin that goes into tubes. If it had twisted there would be bare metal there. Can see it rusting around the edges from the paint so it hasn't moved. I'm guessing my bushing are just tweaked 1/8" on each side plus some on top ones and that's doing it I hope!! Going to get adjustable a on both sides and get it squared up. The uppers are already in route.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Ya Eddie that much movement with just me prying on them with a crow bar tells me they are shot. Will just replace them all. I know the housing isn't twisted.

Top Bottom