Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

Looks good. Was it pAin to remove and then reinstall tcase mounts nuts?
Hope I'll get to install mine next weekend it is been seating for quite some time.

Looks good. Was it pAin to remove and then reinstall tcase mounts nuts?
Hope I'll get to install mine next weekend it is been seating for quite some time.

Maybe a little bit of a pain in the butt since you can't get a torque wrench in there to torque the bolts back on to whatever 37ft/lbs or so. I just went as tight as I can with a box wrench. As far as jacking up the tcase/transmission its not a big deal at all.
A wrench with swivel head would help a lot on driver side , like so
IMG_5506.JPG
But I was able to get it with just a straight ratcheting wrench, again just as tight as I can get it, since I don't think that I can apply too much torque with just a simple box wrench. I don't think there's enough leverage in a small wrench to over tighten.

Hey by the way, I looked at your profile and I don't see a build thread started by you. I would love to see some pictures of your Jeep man. If you do have build thread, I would like to follow it. Send me a link if you do.

Matt,

Since couple of day ago I've been having trouble with air blend door/actuator. I got in there and found out the my door is cracked on the actuator mechanism. Also I have clicking noise coming from the actuator.
IMG_5509.jpg
I messed around with it for couple hours this morning with no luck. I can get to one of the actuator screws after removing the speaker housing, other one is impossible to reach.
IMG_5512.jpg
Anyhow I had to drive down to the dealer to get new spark plugs I figured I can look at this also.
So actuator is $45, not bad
Looks like the door can't be replaced, I need to purchase the entire housing. And that is $664[emoji33].
Image1503944332.965667.jpg
Image1503944366.179961.jpg
I spoke with my service tech guy, he is very up front and honest of the whole warranty process. Now I did purchase the life time warranty and this is covered.
Any repair hat is over $1K must be submitted to Chrysler. They then can either say go ahead and do it or they will request pictures or send inspector. If they say ok it'll be $100, if they deny $1.5K. The entire dash has to come out to get to this part. It also is covered in mud [emoji854].....

The catch, I have aftermarket head unit, speakers and about a mile of wiring. I need to remove it all, just to bring it in, and then yet it's not even guaranteed that they will fix it under warranty.

For now I just zip tied the shit back together and it does work. Goes up no problem, once it closes all the way the actuator makes clicking noise. I need to figure out how in the fuck am a gonna get this done.
https://youtu.be/eYLFCHBVH-4

On the bright side, my steering box just showed up.
IMG_5525.jpg
The box weighs 57lbs
IMG_5526.jpg
Excited to open it [emoji16]

Man that whole last post except the new steering box really sucks ass, sorry that thing broke Matt

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I am hoping they will cover that. It will still take quite a bit of time to get all my aftermarket stuff out and the reinstalled. It sucks, I'll just drag it out for as long as I can and learn to live with the annoying ticking sound lol.

Anyway. This steering box is massive. I would say it weight about 50lbs and the pitman arm another 7 lbs.
IMG_5528.jpg

Maybe a little bit of a pain in the butt since you can't get a torque wrench in there to torque the bolts back on to whatever 37ft/lbs or so. I just went as tight as I can with a box wrench. As far as jacking up the tcase/transmission its not a big deal at all.
A wrench with swivel head would help a lot on driver side , like so
View attachment 274225
But I was able to get it with just a straight ratcheting wrench, again just as tight as I can get it, since I don't think that I can apply too much torque with just a simple box wrench. I don't think there's enough leverage in a small wrench to over tighten.

Hey by the way, I looked at your profile and I don't see a build thread started by you. I would love to see some pictures of your Jeep man. If you do have build thread, I would like to follow it. Send me a link if you do.

Matt,
Lol
I don't have build thread yet and yes it is time to start one.
Thanks for the skid install tips:)

I am hoping they will cover that. It will still take quite a bit of time to get all my aftermarket stuff out and the reinstalled. It sucks, I'll just drag it out for as long as I can and learn to live with the annoying ticking sound lol.

Anyway. This steering box is massive. I would say it weight about 50lbs and the pitman arm another 7 lbs.
View attachment 274457

Jep - looks really massiv. But i like it. Do you need it for your tire size or do you just want this?

Lg

1800 posts and NO BUILD THREAD?!? What the Hell man? Lets get with the program Andy! :grayno:

I am sorry that i am not sorry:yup::yup::yup::yup:

I don't feel i posted enough to start such important thread :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Got some of the new bling installed today. I had to pick up a 2" socket to thread in the tie rod ends cartridges.
IMG_5530.jpg
IMG_5531.jpg
Got the oem drag link and tie rod out showing no mercy with a pickle fork and 2lb sledge.
IMG_5536.jpg
Assembled the links
IMG_5538.jpg
IMG_5543.jpg
Difference in tie rod ends. OEM vs 2.5ton
IMG_5539.jpg
It's a bitch to get to the nut at pitman arm. I had to pick up a set of few large metric wrenches for this. Just torqued it down to 78ft/lbs- ish [emoji108][emoji854]
IMG_5541.jpg
Here's all assembled. I threw in a new steering stabilizer for extra bling.
IMG_5544.JPG
IMG_5545.jpg

I drove her around a little. I eagle 🦅 eyed the steering wheel dead on center and toe within 1/8".

Noticeably tighter steering while turning the steering wheel. Big improvement on road while going over bumps and imperfections/potholes. Am sure a new steering stabilizer helps but I think it's mostly stronger links.
IMG_5554.jpg

Top Bottom