RECALL NOTICE : 2007-10 Jeep JK Wrangler Clockspring Assembly

Clark Collins

replaced by dealer

I had mine replaced by the dealer some time ago and will be contacting about reimbursement as I have the receipt. We have a very good dealer here and I expect to be reimbursed, so will post here and let folks know how it turns out. I contacted the feds when mine went out as did a lot of other folks on the JK forums, so it looks like that might have paid off.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Does this reccall apply for non US JKs? I have the light on for 3 years now! :brows::brows::brows:[/QUOT

With my limited reading skills I would say yes. I am known to be wrong a lot though. Here's part of an article off a news report.

The recall covers Wranglers from the 2007 through 2010 model years, including 392,000 in the U.S. Another 7,400 2011-2016 Wranglers in the U.S. with right-hand-drive also are affected.

JLSilerJK

Just got off the phone, my VIN number isnt included in this... Is that possible? The light has been on for 6 months now... She said "here at Chyrsler we care about you", I said "why let me drive around with a faulty airbag when it seems everyone is being recalled?".... she was speechless. I guess I dont get mine fixed?

rampagejk

got approved Recall Reimbursement

Received a letter from FCA Safety Recall and I am happy that they pay me back - Recall reimbursement. Last April after MOAB trip, my jeep got enable airbag light and no longer work cruise control. Took it to dealership and cough up paid $502.00 to replace airbag clock spring. Now approved to reimburse $502.00. :clap2:

jeeeep

Hooked
just got my recall notice, actual recall letter to come at a future date when parts are available. I just bought a new clock spring 4 weeks ago and tried to get the dealer to install it but they wouldn't because it's the recalled part so I'm hoping I can return it to the dealer I bought it from.

on another note, just got my reimbursement check for the transmission lines I bought and replaced because I was told my mileage was too high to get repaired under the recall.

glad I called about the clock spring recall when it was announced. the rep was the one that initiated the transmission line reimbursement - he t told me it should have been covered under the recall and the rep I spoke to originally didn't take into the account the other criteria regarding the recall, mileage was not a limiting factor :thumb:

JK07

Got the notice this week! Have to wait for second notice since they don't have the parts yet.

TRLJNKY

Hopefully it will fix my intermittent cruise issue and gives me a reason to fix the puking fuel at the pump problem too. Sick of looking like a moron with my ear next to the filler when its about full lol

Top Bottom