Recent Shooting and Discussion

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The analogies to making drugs illegal and people still using them are actually pretty funny to me...I can't remember the last time I saw a news report about a kid storming a school and taking out 15 other kids by stuffing meth down their throats.

Sure they do, they call it an opioid crisis. And it’s far worse around here than gun related violence.

Really? People are forcing other people to take opioids? Interesting. I don’t recall reading about that in the news.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
When you were a baby, your Parents let you eat with a Spoon.... not because there is anything wrong with Forks... but because babies are Fucking Stupid... So Parents make adjustments.

^^True statement right there. [emoji106]

Unfortunately, some people never grow up and should never be given the fork and knife.

trailraider

I have a few questions for everyone as I do not know American gun laws by any means. I have skimmed through the thread and didn't really see answers.

1) does everyone need a background check to purchase firearms? or is this a state to state thing?
2) is there a licence required to purchase firearm/ammunition?
3) if you need a licence, do you have to take a course to obtain it?
4) are you required to have it trigger locked or in a gun safe?
4) do you have to store the ammunition separate if not in a gun safe?

we have three classifications for firearms in Canada
1- Unrestricted - shotguns, rifles etc
2 - restricted - handguns and certain rifles. (special course and storage required) we can own handguns, contrary to belief.
3 - prohibited - automatics, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons etc (although cannons are allowed).

We have gun laws, lots ,but it has never hindered us obtaining and owning guns. Some people think it is difficult to get them in Canada but they're not. once you have your PAL, you can buy over the counter same day.
If someone is bitching about the gun controls in Canada , it's probably because they fucked up somewhere in life and should have one anyway.

WJCO

Meme King
I have a few questions for everyone as I do not know American gun laws by any means. I have skimmed through the thread and didn't really see answers.

1) does everyone need a background check to purchase firearms? or is this a state to state thing?
2) is there a licence required to purchase firearm/ammunition?
3) if you need a licence, do you have to take a course to obtain it?
4) are you required to have it trigger locked or in a gun safe?
5) do you have to store the ammunition separate if not in a gun safe?

1) Federal background check.

The Rest) State to state or various jurisdictions decide.

2)In Colorado, you do not need a license.
3) See 2 for Colorado
4) No for Colorado
5) No for Colorado

Exodus 4x4

1) Existing gun laws are not being fully enforced.
2) The government that is suppose to create/enforce gun laws, let illegal weapons be put in the hands of criminals and then lost them (Fast and Furious).

My point? Even if we all came together with the perfect solution, we have a government that I don’t believe really gives a shit. I’m not sure what the answer is but I don’t think it will ever be found in Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Leeboy03

Really? People are forcing other people to take opioids? Interesting. I don’t recall reading about that in the news.

We would probably be much better off if that were the case. At least it would be isolated incidents instead of an everyday problem. But as a parent I’m far more worried about drugs than idiots with guns.

Leeboy03

So has anyone thought about what might happen if we do manage to stop the random crazy from obtaining a gun? We all know that not having a gun isn’t gonna stop them from doing bad shit. What happens when they realize that instead of buying a $500 AR15 to take to a crowded event to kill 15-20 people that they can rent a uhaul down the street for $50 and kill a lot more people? More effective and more cost efficient.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
1) Existing gun laws are not being fully enforced.
2) The government that is suppose to create/enforce gun laws, let illegal weapons be put in the hands of criminals and then lost them (Fast and Furious).

My point? Even if we all came together with the perfect solution, we have a government that I don’t believe really gives a shit. I’m not sure what the answer is but I don’t think it will ever be found in Washington.

I can’t disagree with any of that, except to say we should start demanding more from our government (all of our elected officials, not just one side or the other).

jesse3638

Hooked
I can’t disagree with any of that, except to say we should start demanding more from our government (all of our elected officials, not just one side or the other).
I concur with this sentiment. I work for the federal government and though it's not the legislative or executive branch it's absolutely crazy what goes on. If the same shit goes on in those two branches as well, it's no wonder nothing is ever accomplished effectively or on time.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We would probably be much better off if that were the case. At least it would be isolated incidents instead of an everyday problem. But as a parent I’m far more worried about drugs than idiots with guns.

I have more control over whether my three kids become pill poppers than I do over whether someone else’s kid has access to weapons and brings them to school to shoot my kids.

So has anyone thought about what might happen if we do manage to stop the random crazy from obtaining a gun? We all know that not having a gun isn’t gonna stop them from doing bad shit. What happens when they realize that instead of buying a $500 AR15 to take to a crowded event to kill 15-20 people that they can rent a uhaul down the street for $50 and kill a lot more people? More effective and more cost efficient.

Yes, of course people have thought about it. Until the Vegas shooting, I believe the single biggest mass murder in Nevada was in my hometown of Reno when I was a kid. In 1980, Pricilla Ford intentionally mowed down a crowd of people with her car. She injured a couple of dozen people and killed six.

I guess I just don’t understand your logic. I mean really, why have any laws at all if your belief is that bad people are always going to bad shit regardless of what laws exist?

And by the way, getting possession of a car is far easier for most teenagers than getting possession of a firearm. Yet, we just don’t see a lot of news stories about teenagers driving Jettas through the halls of their schools, mowing down everyone who sets foot out of their classroom. I wonder why that is?

Exodus 4x4

I think the only way to do that is with term limits. In my opinion it’s the career politicians that’s are causing the stalemate in almost every aspect of government. If we start with term limits, I think we can start getting more done. Now the next challenge is getting actual term limits in place. Fat chance that’ll ever happen.

Leeboy03

I have more control over whether my three kids become pill poppers than I do over whether someone else’s kid has access to weapons and brings them to school to shoot my kids.

Yes, of course people have thought about it. Until the Vegas shooting, I believe the single biggest mass murder in Nevada was in my hometown of Reno when I was a kid. In 1980, Pricilla Ford intentionally mowed down a crowd of people with her car. She injured a couple of dozen people and killed six.

I guess I just don’t understand your logic. I mean really, why have any laws at all if your belief is that bad people are always going to bad shit regardless of what laws exist?

And by the way, getting possession of a car is far easier for most teenagers than getting possession of a firearm. Yet, we just don’t see a lot of news stories about teenagers driving Jettas through the halls of their schools, mowing down everyone who sets foot out of their classroom. I wonder why that is?

I don’t doubt that you do. I just know that a lot more kids die each year from overdose than getting shot. I heard my entire life that drugs are bad and to stay away. Didn’t keep me from trying them.

I guess I don’t understand the logic behind everyone jumping on gun laws due to semi random occurrences instead of the shit that goes on every day and kills far more people.

And people do bad shit everyday without giving the first shit about whatever law it is that they are breaking at the time. Thats a fact.

So your implying that because kids choose to use firearms now that somehow preventing them from getting them would keep them from attempted mass killings? I think that if they can’t get guns they will use something else. Possibly something that could do far more damage than a gun.

Top Bottom