Recent Shooting and Discussion

JK_0311

We have laws on the books now that do not stop gun violence. The truth, society has advanced/progressed, and so has the worst along with it. Our gun laws have as well, plenty of states have strict / moderate gun laws, many of which have been put in place in the last decade. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. We have restrictions on firearms in ever state meant to stop these tragedies, yet they still occur. So a total ban would be the true solution, but no right / freedoms / amendment is without a cost, yes yes, they can be ‘amended’ but clearly the founders made it plenty difficult to remove said freedoms because they believed so much in them AND since the SCOTUS has not banned or taken extreme new positions on the matter, I would assume we are where are for quite some time. These acts of violence happen due to intent, capability and opportunity. Nowhere in that totality triangle REQUIRE a gun, all can be achieved without one. There is no answer, no true solution to this problem besides live where the laws agree with you and understand YOU are responsible for the protection of yourself and your family, police/fire are an augment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_0311

I do agree that it is also important to prevent a tyrannical government. Do most large governments, including ours have tanks and such, yes but I can think of quite a few instances where those armaments couldn’t win the war against rag tag villagers. Do I need to list them? In Iraq our tanks were bearing destroyed by 55 gallon drums and copper tops, filled with OUR explosives. Just a small example, I am sure there are several with the Taliban fighting off two large nations in 30ish year span.

Brute

Hooked
I actually think that's a really good question. I'm really pondering this.

At first I think with a younger generation of 'tide pod eating,' 'grand theft auto playing,' 'no discretion of human life,' that firearm-related murders as a whole would go up. But then again, I think more 'good guys' would be carrying guns as well to deter firearm-related murders and the psychos would realize they might get shot pretty quick if they tried to pull that stupid shit. I also think if murders went up drastically, that as a culture, we would grow through it toward a more positive view of human life and over time murders would go down once the destruction and chaos was actually realized.

Police engaged and killed the shooter in Gilroy in 60 seconds...in that time he put rounds into 15 people. Police are usually better trained than the “good ole boys”...

Brute

Hooked
1) Existing gun laws are not being fully enforced.
2) The government that is suppose to create/enforce gun laws, let illegal weapons be put in the hands of criminals and then lost them (Fast and Furious).

My point? Even if we all came together with the perfect solution, we have a government that I don’t believe really gives a shit. I’m not sure what the answer is but I don’t think it will ever be found in Washington.

I’m not looking for perfect...I’m just looking for better.

A.J.

https://youtu.be/BXPB8I1FuF8

Kind of a long video but hopefully some people will get my point about " AR style rifles " being a tool. These are about as old and slow as guns get. Single action revolvers, pump and side by side shotguns, lever action rifles. 60 sec? Watch and see. So where do the regulations stop. I think we all can agree that we as a culture can do better but none of us truly know how to do it. One firearm platform no matter how hard you make it to get is going to solve the problem.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Police engaged and killed the shooter in Gilroy in 60 seconds...in that time he put rounds into 15 people. Police are usually better trained than the “good ole boys”...

Only when they are there. Otherwise it takes them too damn long to protect you at home if you need it.

JK_0311

Posting trump/Obama stuff in this thread is like posting roof rack shit in the death wobble thread. Doesn’t really belong and detracts from the conversation.

JK_0311

I would argue 60 seconds to recognize a shooting incident, coordinate, respond and eliminate the threat at a crowded festival of civilians is considered adequate and impressive.

KSCRUDE

Posting trump/Obama stuff in this thread is like posting roof rack shit in the death wobble thread. Doesn’t really belong and detracts from the conversation.

Not really! Obama signed the bill making bump stocks legal. They we used in the worst mass killings in modern times in Vegas. Trump signed a bill outlawing them earlier this year. If the nut case in Vegas wouldn’t of had bump stalks, I don’t think the causality numbers would of been much lower, if any. Actually could of been higher.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not really! Obama signed the bill making bump stocks legal. They we used in the worst mass killings in modern times in Vegas. Trump signed a bill outlawing them earlier this year. If the nut case in Vegas wouldn’t of had bump stalks, I don’t think the causality numbers would of been much lower, if any. Actually could of been higher.

Try proofreading or lay off the booze.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

That’s a falsehood. Try actually checking your “facts” before regurgitating stuff that Trump said. It’s really just not a sound practice.

There’s a lot of nuance that Trump tends to overlook or chooses to ignore to fit his narrative.

Top Bottom