Recent Shooting and Discussion

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Law here too. Private businesses have to display a similar sign if they don't want concealed carry on their property (excludes criminals of course).

This area gets a little in the weeds legally, but a private business (or any owner of private property) can absolutely ask you to leave if you are carrying a weapon (licensed carry or not). Constitutional rights apply to prevent government action, not private action (excepting of course discrimination based on protected class status). If you refuse to leave you become a trespasser and you are then subject to arrest.

This exact issue has already been litigated (at least in Nevada) by Costco.

As a similar example, you have no first amendment rights on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Kind of. I think they’re losing the fines for carrying in places of worship or school zones. Something like that. The logic is that criminals don’t abide by the laws anyways, so by “allowing” you to carry there then it eliminates the gun free zone. I drive by a Baptist church every day and they have big ass signs up showing it’s prohibited to open or conceal carry. It’s actually the law here that they have to have signage if that’s what they wish. Dumbest shit ever. Seriously a big ass sign indicating a killing field for would be mass shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s like a business saying they leave the register open and the doors unlocked at night.

Umm yeah sure, I’ll try that one first.

Exodus 4x4

This area gets a little in the weeds legally, but a private business (or any owner of private property) can absolutely ask you to leave if you are carrying a weapon (licensed carry or not). Constitutional rights apply to prevent government action, not private action (excepting of course discrimination based on protected class status). If you refuse to leave you become a trespasser and you are then subject to arrest.

I agree with the right of any private establishment to say what can and can’t be done on their premises, and why I’ve chosen to avoid the ones that announce to the world they’re a gun free zone. You don’t want my concealed handgun here? Fine, I’ll go somewhere else.

USMC Wrangler

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Open Carrying rifles in public places like this. (If thats all he was doing). Either way.. CCW holders for the win.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carrier-holds-man-walmart-gunpoint/

Yeah, I can’t think of a situation where I’d want to open carry a long arm into any store. I did take my shotgun into a gun store once for some repair work. I used my pelican case so I wouldn’t be mistaken for someone with bad intentions.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

In Mississippi, a holder of an Instructor Certified Enhanced Carry permit, cannot be charged with a firearms violation, for ignoring a no firearms sign. You can, however, be prosecuted for trespassing.

Brute

Hooked
I’ve been off the grid for 6 days in the backcountry of Alaska...fuck me...

Post Away, Kansas dickbreath...I’m sure you’ve got some fucking funny meme of dead kids somewhere...

JAGS

Hooked
How many cops (chp in this case) need to be gunned down by criminals who often have more firepower than they do.

Curious to learn more as details are pretty slim. RIP to the officer and strength to all RPD and CHP families impacted this evening.

TrailHunter

Hooked
How many cops (chp in this case) need to be gunned down by criminals who often have more firepower than they do.

Curious to learn more as details are pretty slim. RIP to the officer and strength to all RPD and CHP families impacted this evening.

What type of "firepower" were the criminals using?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Just one (dead) criminal. One dead officer. One officer still in critical condition and another officer in serious condition.

If you watch the vid, it ain’t no standard rifle. What letters and numbers, I couldn’t begin to tell you.

Just saw the Vid... its an AR or AK.... RIP officer. Hope the others make it. This is Frustrating shit.

JAGS

Hooked
Just saw the Vid... its an AR or AK.... RIP officer. Hope the others make it. This is Frustrating shit.

The funeral was today for the 6 year old boy who was shot in gilroy.

This is beyond frustrating.

Some of this could very well be preventable. The more the population grows, the more we prohibit/restrict mental health care, the greater access to these weapons meant for mass injury, this will go on and on and on.

This is beyond frustrating.

Apparently there is threat of violence against the department during the motorcade for the fallen officer to the coroner. The victim/suspect was possibly part of some biker gang or gang affiliation.

WTF are we doing to each other. Madness.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The victim/suspect was possibly part of some biker gang or gang affiliation.

WTF are we doing to each other. Madness.

In other words, a person who probably wouldn’t abide by a new firearms law, and would just as soon buy one the same way he bought his meth, illegally.

Top Bottom