Recommendation on a Front Trackbar

aaronstephen

LOL!! You do know that people were recommending a drag link flip/track bar relocation as it will not only help to recenter your axle but will also correct your steering geometry, right?

Good luck to you and your new track bar. JKS is a good company and make a lot of products that I like such as their sway bar disconnects and rear adjustable spring perches but the 3 different JKS front track bars that I tried running all had bending issues. Hopefully they've got that fixed now.

What would you recommend if you're right at or just below 3" of lift?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

If you got 3 inches of lift for sure then I would do a drag link flip kit like the one EVO offers, there are others Im sure but I know EVO makes one and its quality.

I think you can still run it under 3 inches of lift but you will start hitting the drag link on the frame when stuffing the pass front wheel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you're below 3", there won't be enough of a shift in your axle to matter. I would just run your factory track bar and call it a day. If you think about it, on a solid axle with a track bar, anytime you load up your Jeep or unload it, your axle will shift a bit to one side or the other - it's just the nature of the beast and really, not that big of a deal.

If you're 3" or taller, you should get a drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit.

dwvninety

Same thing as what they make their tire carriers and long arm brackets out of. Of course, they'll tell you that any break to any of their parts is "install error" BUT, they'll hook you up with a new one just because they're nice that way :crazyeyes:
Of course, I don't know who they blame when the break occurs on their own Jeep.
attachment.php

xtu0p.jpg

aaronstephen

If you're below 3", there won't be enough of a shift in your axle to matter. I would just run your factory track bar and call it a day. If you think about it, on a solid axle with a track bar, anytime you load up your Jeep or unload it, your axle will shift a bit to one side or the other - it's just the nature of the beast and really, not that big of a deal.

If you're 3" or taller, you should get a drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit.

Gotcha. Thanks

Top Bottom