Regear and locker install

Coop

Caught the Bug
I guess my question am I wrong for expecting air lines and electrical to be ran?

There are two things I won't do on a jeep, electrical and brakes

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

$60 isn't enough to cover the locker install and connecting the air line, plus electrical. Seems like a miscommunication during the work order write up to me! The other prices seem to be competitive. My 2 cents

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I guess my question am I wrong for expecting air lines and electrical to be ran?

Is it safe to assume you went with ARB air lockers? If so since you already have the compressor hooked up the electrical part is stupid easy cause it's all just plug and play once you run the air lines

agiron

Is it safe to assume you went with ARB air lockers? If so since you already have the compressor hooked up the electrical part is stupid easy cause it's all just plug and play once you run the air lines

Yes, I went with Arb. I know air lines should be straight forward. I just thought that would be done. I'm more worried about the electrical side of it...

WJCO

Meme King
Yes, I went with Arb. I know air lines should be straight forward. I just thought that would be done. I'm more worried about the electrical side of it...

The wiring from the compressor to the solenoid is plug and play I believe, there should be a diagram included with your compressor kit. As far as wiring the switch to activate the solenoid, I think that should be explained fairly easily as well in that instruction manual.

https://www.arb.com.au/assets/air-lockers/3-06.pdf

arb.jpg

bigcale

Caught the Bug

Going to guess that this is the guy on CL.

As for your question, I agree with WJCO in that if it was not discussed then it will not be included. That being said, the air line and the electrical for an ARB are very easy installs. Should take less than an hour to set up, even if you are picky about the cleanliness of the install.

DiggerJKU

After seeing your post my mind immediately went to "the guy" here in Colorado. Then it all made sense once I saw where you're from. It most likely wasn't included in the price like what has been said.

Let us know how everything goes, any issues with the gears down the road, etc

DiggerJKU

Over the years I've seen things here and there but nothing consistent. In fact it seems to be the exact opposite where you don't see many reviews at all which is why I asked to keep us updated. Did he give you any warranty with the work?

jkuone

That dude is a total hack, call STEVE @ 720-884-7447 he's in Aurora not sure if he could do it today though. Good luck....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

agiron

I could possibly help, but time isnt my friend right now. Next friday i could probably do something.

I appreciate it, right now the Jeep is actually in the shop for transmission issues. When I took it to the dealership because it's still under warranty. The service writer asked if I had the speedometer calibrated for the larger tires. He then said "OH, so you tuned it. Aftermarket tunes change engine and transmission parameters, once those parameters are changed it voids facto warranties on those parts"

meljr

Warranty after Mods

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the modifications to your Jeep and now the possible warranty issue. These things can be stressful, especially if you depend on your rig for regular transportation.

Reading between the lines, it seems the dealership isn't flatly denying to cover your transmission problem under warranty, but giving you fair warning that they might have to charge for some or all of the necessary repairs. In any event, after diagnostics, they should clearly communicate your out of pocket costs, giving you the choice to have it done somewhere else if you do not want to pay them for the repair.

I bought my JKU with the intention of doing a lot of modification, so I never expected any warranty, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how fairly the local dealer (who didn't sell me the JK) has been. All recall work has been done promptly and courteously; including some warranty work.

If I can offer anything other than empathy for your situation, which is far from unique, it would be to do your due diligence, deal with reputable outfits, communicate your expectations clearly and get it in writing. Colorado does not deal with fraudulent repair operations lightly, but you have to be able to document your case. I know of a transmission shop owner in Colorado Springs who went to jail for dishonest practices.

Good luck with your Jeep and let us know how things resolve.

-meljr

agiron

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the modifications to your Jeep and now the possible warranty issue. These things can be stressful, especially if you depend on your rig for regular transportation.

Reading between the lines, it seems the dealership isn't flatly denying to cover your transmission problem under warranty, but giving you fair warning that they might have to charge for some or all of the necessary repairs. In any event, after diagnostics, they should clearly communicate your out of pocket costs, giving you the choice to have it done somewhere else if you do not want to pay them for the repair.

I bought my JKU with the intention of doing a lot of modification, so I never expected any warranty, but I have been pleasantly surprised by how fairly the local dealer (who didn't sell me the JK) has been. All recall work has been done promptly and courteously; including some warranty work.

If I can offer anything other than empathy for your situation, which is far from unique, it would be to do your due diligence, deal with reputable outfits, communicate your expectations clearly and get it in writing. Colorado does not deal with fraudulent repair operations lightly, but you have to be able to document your case. I know of a transmission shop owner in Colorado Springs who went to jail for dishonest practices.

Good luck with your Jeep and let us know how things resolve.

-meljr

Thanks.

Top Bottom