Regear and locker install

agiron

The dealership is saying the gears and tires are what caused the failure in the tranmission(which needs replacing). I get that the gears increase performance and power, what are your guys thought

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The dealership is saying the gears and tires are what caused the failure in the tranmission(which needs replacing). I get that the gears increase performance and power, what are your guys thought

You just put the gears in correct? And what was wrong with the transmission and how long has it been going on? What size tires again?

If the gears were mis-matched, I could see it causing a tcase problem, but not a transmission problem. Now obviously if you have big as tires, the transmission does have to work harder, but that dealer needs to be able to prove that the tires caused the issue. I would fight them personally.

agiron

Friday while i was driving to work the Jeep stayed in first gear, I stopped and put it in neutral then gear and from there it was fine. Then when I went to lunch it stayed it first gear, then disengage and the Roma would go up, then engage very hard. One stopped it took a while to put into gear. It was all one day

WJCO

Meme King
Friday while i was driving to work the Jeep stayed in first gear, I stopped and put it in neutral then gear and from there it was fine. Then when I went to lunch it stayed it first gear, then disengage and the Roma would go up, then engage very hard. One stopped it took a while to put into gear. It was all one day

After you did the gears and tires, did you re-calibrate the speedometer/computer with an aftermarket programmer? That may be your whole issue.

WJCO

Meme King
Yes, I have the flashpaq 5

As long as you put the right tire size and gear ratio in, yes. I think for the tires though, you can't just put in 35, you have to measure from the center of the hub to the ground and then multiply by 2. Chances are, the actual rolling diameter is closer to 33.5 . I still think the dealer needs to prove it to you on the transmission.

WJCO

Meme King
Do you think they knew it was the tune and tried to screw me?

I would never have thought to retune it.

I doubt it, but a lot of times the dealers are completely ignorant to aftermarket modifications. As soon as they see the vehicle is modified, they start to blame the problem on that. It's especially true if you have an electrical issue and they see aftermarket wiring. They may automatically assume that's the issue.

With that being said, it is much easier to diagnose something that hasn't been modified because you don't have to consider the modification as a variable of a possible cause if the vehicle is stock. I bet more than anything that they were trying to protect themselves, but it sounds like they still should have diagnosed it properly. I'm glad the re-tune solved it.

KJV

They didn't get the nickname stealerships for nothing....glad it all worked out for you. I would also try to find another dealership to deal with.

agiron

I am going to try and wrap up the plumbing of the air lines tomorrow. What is the best path to run the air lines?

I am going to get the evo no limits air actuated control for the rubicon sway bar. On the small arb manifold is it possible to run a rear locker, an air up kit, and the air actuated no limits? If so with what configuration?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I appreciate it, right now the Jeep is actually in the shop for transmission issues. When I took it to the dealership because it's still under warranty. The service writer asked if I had the speedometer calibrated for the larger tires. He then said "OH, so you tuned it. Aftermarket tunes change engine and transmission parameters, once those parameters are changed it voids facto warranties on those parts"

Wow. Just wow. 100000000000000% wrong. Go to a different dealer.

Top Bottom